Req Library view with movies AND TV-shows
The subject says it all: i would like a library view that shows both movies AND TV-shows. The reason being that my daughter watches shows from both categorys but can´t be expected to know which is a movie and which is a TV-show. It would be great if a unified view with all scraped videos existed.
You can obtain the same effect if you use smart playlists (in case you didn't know).
I was very happy with your suggestion until i tried it. It is (it seems) not possible to combine playlists of different types (ie Movies and TV-Shows). Or am i doing it wrong?

To clarify: i created a smart playlist with tv-shows (from a certain folder), sort by title and it works. And then i created a smart playlist with movies (from a certain folder) which also contains movie-sets so i set group by set (standard sorting) and sort by title. And that also works. But when i try to create a smart playlist that contains both playlist it doesn´t work. Type Movie only show the movies, type TV-show only show the TV-shows and type Mixed (tadaa!)...shows nothing.

If anybody could get this to work i would be forever grateful.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_management#L...o_TV_shows

See the link above, it seams possible to link movies to a TV show, so that movies will show up under TV shows.
Linking is only half a solution. As an example, consider Ghost in the Shell. My current collection of items associated with this consists of 3 or 4 films (depending how you count) and several distinct series. (And some CDs of soundtrack music). At present the best I can do is to link all the films to one of the series and then use tags to associate the various series together. Slightly more elegant would be to create a dummy TV Show series and put the movies in it with hand-crafted .nfo files, but that is rather laborious and error prone. I think there is a similar issue with Star Wars and its animated series.

Mixed type smart playlists would solve this problem. Tags which spanned type would also do so and would probably be more convenient. The fact that you can already link movies into a tv series proves that mixed lists are possible.
After my last post I had an idea. For Ghost in the Shell I created a dummy TV Show called "Ghost in the Shell : The Films" and linked the GitS films to that. This way you need only one handcrafted tvshow.nfo containing mostly blank info (you can point it at whatever artwork you care to). If you then create a "ghost in the shell" tag you can get the whole lot through the tag listings. Its a hack but it works and it is easier than handcrafting all the .nfo files needed to make the films actually look like a series and is better imho than stuffing all the films into an arbitrarily chosen GitS series.

Of course this is not a practical solution if you want to be able to browse all your films and tv shows from one listing, which may be what the original poster wanted, but could be used for a subset of "daughter's" programs.
Thxs for the feedback. Unfortunetly none of it helped with my request. The bet thing would be if Smart Playlists could could mix tv and movies but alas.. it can´t. My original request stand: i want to be able to show mvies and tvshows in one listing
(2015-09-15, 20:17)mag_sol76 Wrote: Thxs for the feedback. Unfortunetly none of it helped with my request. The bet thing would be if Smart Playlists could could mix tv and movies but alas.. it can´t. My original request stand: i want to be able to show mvies and tvshows in one listing
I think your question has been answered, make a dummy TV show, link the movies that you want to that dummy TV show. Make a smart list containing that dummy TV shows and add other TV shows to that smart list.
Result: a smart list containing TV shows and movies.
(2015-09-15, 23:27)hstegeman Wrote:
(2015-09-15, 20:17)mag_sol76 Wrote: Thxs for the feedback. Unfortunetly none of it helped with my request. The bet thing would be if Smart Playlists could could mix tv and movies but alas.. it can´t. My original request stand: i want to be able to show mvies and tvshows in one listing
I think your question has been answered, make a dummy TV show, link the movies that you want to that dummy TV show. Make a smart list containing that dummy TV shows and add other TV shows to that smart list.
Result: a smart list containing TV shows and movies.

It may work but i would have to manually link thousands of movies (cartoons, disney, looney tunes etc). It is not a viable option
I would also appreciate this feature request, and wouldn't mind if a dev could chime in to say why it isn't possible or why it's difficult to implement?

I posted a question in General Support trying to do the same thing before I realized it's not possible:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238709

I've created custom menu buttons in Aeon Nox for "Docu" and "Stand Up" because I want all my Documentaries and Stand Up comedy grouped together. Currently I'm using smart "movie" playlists in this sections for the movies only because I cannot combine the TV and Movies together, but I have Docu and Stand Up stuff that are TV show based.

I've tried "Mixed/Movie/Shows" playlists with both paths and "Mixed/Movie/Shows" playlists trying to group other individual playlists ... nothing populates everything.

If we've already added the paths and picked the correct scraper in our sourcessection , why can't they display together? Combining seems like it would just be combining the actual display function ... is the playlist type linked to the scraper in the back-end somehow?

Either way, I'd love the feature, and understand if it's not possible, but it would be great if someone could shed some light on why it's not possible, since it seems like it should be something that's easy.
To add to this... Also, how about being able to add cartoons (e.g. .cbz files) as well? For example, "Regular Show" has a movie, a tv show as well as a couple of comics. And maybe even a sound track, who knows...
I would like this feature to be added. I do not like the proposed solutions above.

I would like to try to write a patch to add the support that I want and give it back to Kodi if they want it.

I see two ways of achieving what I want:

1. Add an extra "combined" content type for shows and movies (or enable multiple selection).
2. Fix the lockout/breakage that happens when a source is added twice with different content types.

I'll start poking at the code. Any pointers to where I might look in this large codebase would be greatly appreciated.
perfect, thanks! And please don't forget about music, comics and maybe even games (as far as I understand there will be some sort of game-emulation included in Kodi at some point), think e.g. the Starwars or the Beavis and Butthead franchises.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library view with movies AND TV-shows0