• 7(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
It looks like the 4.3-rc5 kernel isn't entirely happy with the Nvidia_Legacy driver 304.125.

I bumped the driver to 304.128 from 304.125, which means the two existing xf86-video-nvidia-legacy patches can be dropped. The 304.128 version of the driver still works with 4.1.10 (again dropping the two existing patches).

I've used this patch which allows the 4.3-rc5 build to succeed, however booting Nvidia_Legacy on a Revo3700 (ION2) just results in "failed to start xorg" - the only error in dmesg is:
Code:
[    7.996711] nvidia: Unknown symbol mtrr_del (err 0)
[    7.996885] nvidia: Unknown symbol mtrr_add (err 0)
which seems to be due to the following 4.2 change: http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/...1486285bdc

I've added a quick & dirty hack to patch 4.3-rc5 and re-export mtrr_add and mtrr_del, and now the 304.128 driver is working happily with 4.3-rc5. Hopefully someone can suggest a better/more permanent solution (looks like arch_phys_wc_add has replaced mtrr_add etc.).

So for now I'll bump both Nvidia_Legacy and Generic to 4.3-rc5 (as per @Fritsch), and upload a new build shortly.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
We will drop Nvidia-Legacy anyway for Version 6.1 right? Therefore I already dropped it :-) Also my 4.3-rc5 bump misses some patches that were in before, especially DVB devices that seo will port later.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-10-18, 10:52)fritsch Wrote: We will drop Nvidia-Legacy anyway for Version 6.1 right? Therefore I already dropped it :-)

I don't think a firm date has been given when to drop Nvidia_Legacy (at least not publicly), other than the following comment from @sraue https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...t-77177620:
Quote:but i think a 64bit legacy build starting with OE-6.0 we maybe can maintain for the next 2 years or so (if there will be help from ppl to test this regulary).

I'm not sure what this translates to in terms of OE releases, but assuming one major release per year then Nvidia_Legacy would be dropped after OE8 (although maintaining this nvidia legacy driver throughout this period with latest kernels may be wishful thinking, unless we simply stop bumping kernels on legacy hardware).

(2015-10-18, 10:52)fritsch Wrote: Also my 4.3-rc5 bump misses some patches that were in before, especially DVB devices that seo will port later.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sounds like I need to look for a replacement for my Revo 3700 soon then? Sad
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #1018: Generic / Nvidia_Legacy
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 4.3.0-rc5 #1 SMP Sun Oct 18 09:21:54 BST 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151018092046-#1018-g3f21054 [Build #1018]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (3f210547, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3acbdec9, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New kernel 4.3-rc5 for both Generic and Nvidia_Legacy
  2. xf86-video-nvidia: Bump to 352.55 (fix build with kernel 4.2+)
  3. xf86-video-nvidia-legacy: Bump to 304.128 from 304.125
  4. Fix Dim screensaver animation when deactivated
Build Details:
  1. pvr.hts:
    • fixed various complaints by CLion (PR:114, 1 commit, 16 files changed)
  2. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: fix ff after recent changes (661f9cca)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
(2015-10-18, 11:36)Hitcher Wrote: Sounds like I need to look for a replacement for my Revo 3700 soon then? Sad

I sincerely hope not.
(2015-10-18, 11:36)Hitcher Wrote: Sounds like I need to look for a replacement for my Revo 3700 soon then? Sad

Why would you change ?
If all works good with current version, you are not forced to upgrade.
Or do you need some new features ( 4k , hevc )
(2015-10-18, 13:09)fab67 Wrote:

Why would you change ?
If all works good with current version, you are not forced to upgrade.
Or do you need some new features ( 4k , hevc )

Any new skin engine feature that I use for my skins.
Hopefully there's at least one more major release (not including OE6.0) in the ol' Revo 3700 yet! Smile
If it's easy doable without putting the old hw at risk - fine with me. I will merge your legacy PR later.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Many thanks Fritsch.
Is someone also having problems with Asock 330HT IR remote. It acually works but the keys are reacting strange. They are mixed up.
http://pastebin.com/VFuMQ0m2
Some IR patches have not been ported to 4.3, yet.

I won't do anything Code related until earliest Sunday, I am currently traveling for work and don't have my ssh keys with me.
It looks like that it is not the problem in kodi or. kernel but it looks like that official asrock rc6 remote got 'mad'. Looks like the eprom in remote is totally confused. I have configured Harmony remote just to test if the remote is bad or. kernel but it is remote. So no need for a fix.
Sorry if it was answered before! For mysql it usually takes 5/10 minutes to update when there is a database but after trying the generic build is still showing mysql queries after 50 minutes.

Example being - DEBUG: Mysql execute: UPDATE episode SET idSeason = 84288 WHERE episode.idShow = 3585 AND episode.c12 = 1129

Is this normal?

I have a large library btw!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4