• 4(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
OK, I think I know what the problem is (there are two issues).

1) I'm creating the file /usr/bin/intel-fullrange.sh from a patch, which isn't applying execute permission - normally execute permission isn't required

2) The new intel-fullrange services are executing the shell script directly with "/bin/sh -c /usr/bin/intel-fullrange.sh". Typically a service will use "/bin/sh -c" to load /etc/profile, then execute the shell script - with or without execute permission - using "exec /bin/sh <blah>". Here's ExecStart for the autostart.sh service:
Code:
ExecStart=-/bin/sh -c ". /etc/profile; exec /bin/sh /storage/.config/autostart.sh"

@fritsch: Would you mind updating the service patch so that it is consistent with other services that execute shell scripts?

@Roby77: If you re-run the steps in post #41 (which I have updated) I'm pretty sure it will now work.

The next build will have a complete fix. Once the build is fixed, revert the changes with:
Code:
systemctl disable intel-fullrange
rm /storage/intel-fullrange.sh /storage/.config/system.d/intel-fullrange.service
sync
reboot
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ah, I see we all got there in the end. Smile

OK the next build will be fixed (in a couple of days unless anyone else really needs this)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse: I don't think I need the environment, somebody could fool us. I took care to have every variables set ... I might change the resume script to incorporate the DISPLAY export, but it should work as is .... I don't have an OE instance that can suspend. So someone needs to test it and post journalctl -a and xrandr --verbose afterwards.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Fair enough, although sourcing /etc/profile does seem to be the "standard" way of doing things (whether needed or not).

I've updated to your latest patch, and will keep an eye out for any further updates - thanks.
(2015-09-21, 09:24)fritsch Wrote: @Milhouse: I don't think I need the environment, somebody could fool us. I took care to have every variables set ... I might change the resume script to incorporate the DISPLAY export, but it should work as is .... I don't have an OE instance that can suspend. So someone needs to test it and post journalctl -a and xrandr --verbose afterwards.

I am using resume and suspend. What should i do? Run journalctl -a and xrandr --verbose before and after suspend with latest release?
(2015-09-21, 18:14)illiac4 Wrote: I am using resume and suspend. What should i do? Run journalctl -a and xrandr --verbose before and after suspend with latest release?

I think to avoid confusion I'll upload a new build as it's unlikely these new services are working in my build unless you hack a temporary solution.
reinstalled fritsch build (two times)

can't get anymore full range rgb Big Grin

I deleted a file intel-full-range.sh but nothing change

but maybe i must change something else

edit:temp solved using autostart.sh
Run "systemctl status intel-fullrange | pastebinit" while running the fritsch build and paste the link.

If you attempted the fix detailed in post #41 (when using my build) then once you revert it you should be back to the built-in (and currently non-functional) service. It's possible that not reverting it correctly may impact on fritsch's build so make sure you've run "systemctl disable intel-fullrange".

If you've done all that, then "journalctl -a | pastebinit" and "xrandr --verbose | pastebinit" will be required (temp disable your autostart.sh).
(2015-09-21, 20:21)Milhouse Wrote: Run "systemctl status intel-fullrange | pastebinit" while running the fritsch build and paste the link.

http://sprunge.us/IJGK

Quote:If you attempted the fix detailed in post #41 (when using my build) then once you revert it you should be back to the built-in (and currently non-functional) service. It's possible that not reverting it correctly may impact on fritsch's build so make sure you've run "systemctl disable intel-fullrange ".

Yes i only uploaded fritsch tar and downgraded
Quote:If you've done all that, then "journalctl -a | pastebinit" and "xrandr --verbose | pastebinit" will be required (temp disable your autostart.sh).

OK i tried withs ystemctl disable intel-fullrange but no reply from ssh console

edit:found intel full range service in config system.d
will try to delete it when my son goes to bed
The changes haven't been completely reverted, it's still trying to use my modified service.

Code:
systemctl disable intel-fullrange
rm -f /storage/intel-fullrange.sh /storage/.config/system.d/intel-fullrange.service

and for good measure:
Code:
systemctl daemon-reload

Finally:
Code:
reboot
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0921: Generic / Nvidia_Legacy
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 4.1.7 #1 SMP Mon Sep 21 18:33:02 BST 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150921183159-#0921-g131a0fb [Build #0921]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (131a0fb4, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (498ec346, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Fix intel-fullrange services - should be working now
  2. VideoPlayer: Fix for videos starting in background
  3. pvr.vdr.vnsi add-on now included in build
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • glibc: add option to install all locales to the build, enable by default (2869f9ef)
    • (fix) setxkbmap: depend on libxkbfile (5f4b1246)
    • (static) iptables: build static (b1f7cbe6)
    • (cleanup) libmicrohttpd: no https. do not depend on libgcrypt (1fff0f7e)
    • (cleanup) systemd: do not depend on libgcrypt (7f40ce7d)
    • (cleanup) linux: remove unused config/initramfs (80383e5b)
    • (cleanup) remove unused mkpkg_libepoxy (131a0fb4)
  2. XBMC:
    • TexturePacker: use $PKG_CONFIG (PR:8081, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [video] Fix content type for special://videoplaylists (PR:8068, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.hts:
    • Remove circular buffer from the VFS (PR:100, 3 commits, 7 files changed)
    • don't treat "channel" as required in dvrEntryAdd messages, fixes #74 (PR:104, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
  4. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • New commits in this build:
    • Commits no longer in build:
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] a8e47c4b: Intel: Automatically switch to full range
    • Updated: [env] f6562ea2: kodi: Remove 175 ms delay of advancedsettings (x86 only)
    • Updated: [env] compare: Kodi 16 updates
    • Updated: [env] patch: Enable pvr addons, disable PVR updates
Thank you SO much for posting your builds.
Thank you for all Milhouse
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0925: Generic / Nvidia_Legacy
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 4.1.8 #1 SMP Fri Sep 25 22:34:21 BST 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150925223313-#0925-geb0ed51 [Build #0925]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (eb0ed51a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f8a84136, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New kernel 4.1.8
  2. Bump libusb, dosfstools, dbus and libhdhomerun
  3. Fix Python traceback and addon/repository updating issues
  4. VideoPlayer: Fix refresh rate switching and audio sync (disable passthrough when syncing playback to display)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • libhdhomerun: update to libhdhomerun_20150826 (PR:4327, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: update to linux-4.1.8 (10c2a621)
    • fuse-exfat: update to fuse-exfat-1.2.0, update links and license (9a466be3)
    • remove package 'scons' (6912f505)
    • dosfstools: update to dosfstools-3.0.28, update licence (adc71ae3)
    • libusb: update to libusb-1.0.20, update license and link (d7006279)
    • dbus: update to dbus-1.8.20 (935c3a82)
    • libusb: fails to build if building parallel (d98f05a7)
    • dvbhdhomerun: fix build with newer libhdhomerun (a462c3c9)
  2. XBMC:
    • Mrmc backports number 2 (PR:8030, 9 commits, 14 files changed)
    • [addons] fix zip install (PR:8111, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [cleanup] get rid of unused window allow overlay code (PR:8108, 1 commit, 11 files changed)
    • [fix][gui] Fix multi images in grouplists/layouts. (PR:8120, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Fix missing Python traceback caused by an invalid format string. (PR:8119, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix invalid memory access in PVRGUIInfo (PR:8029, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • FIXING CID 1324647 (PR:8117, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • run repository update jobs in low pausable mode (PR:8131, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [win32] add screensaver add-ons to installer (PR:8132, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addons] fix uninstalling of non-repository addons (42227345)
  3. libcec:
    • fixing initialisation issue found on Raspberry Pi with Buildroot (PR:131, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fixed: Crash on systems without /sys/class/drm (PR:133, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  4. adsp.basic:
    • [Depends] Fixing libsamplerate is not found on Win32 (40bd0217)
    • [Fix] Move add-on settings file to add-on user path (0f624784)
  5. adsp.biquad.filters:
    • Fixing compile errors on Win32 and fix add-on user path creaation (PR:4, 6 commits, 9 files changed)
  6. adsp.freesurround:
    • [Fix] Move add-on settings file to add-on user path (cf13262d)
  7. pvr.hts:
    • Setting for Autorec start window behavior & settings rework (PR:97, 4 commits, 10 files changed)
    • Recordings: add support for episode name (aka subtitle) (PR:105, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  8. pvr.mythtv:
    • 3.3.7 (PR:41, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  9. xbmc/master (FernetMenta):
    • New commits in this build:
      • [cmake] sync (83a95bec)
      • VideoPlayer: honor flac metatags for channel layouts (7da0c199)
      • set desired resolution before start of playback (9402b801)
      • [depends] fix target raspberry-pi (0547b3ec)
      • [cmake] WIP: RPI (59af6bf0)
      • [cmake] build guilib with gif - TODO: add gif detection (a85e18a3)
      • [cmake] squash to resolution (19ba40a8)
      • [depends] add kodi makefile for building with cmake - squash me (3376e28a)
      • sync cmake project (2c9022e6)
      • [EGL] don't always include amlogic (af504258)
      • VideoPlayer: clean audio interface (25281b3d)
      • squash audio sync (6cab2f9b)
      • disable passthrough when sync playback to display (abfa381b)
      • fixes for audio sync (239f065f)
      • VideoPlayer: drop useless masterclock (5dfeea4c)
      • squash masterclock (1933eaf7)
      • squash ae sync (f47c42d0)
      • X11: delayed OnResetDisplay after change of refresh rate (77e668e4)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [OverlayRenderer] Fix memory leak of subtitles 2 (904706f3)
      • squash me, render vdpau (6a24b807)
      • fix position outside of video for text based subs (e27befe2)
      • resolutions, squash me (3d2c973b)
      • mask fullscreen flag, squash refactor renermanager (f629c60b)
      • squash dither (502c67e7)
  10. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Updated: [env] c82208c2: Intel: Automatically switch to full range
    • Updated: [env] 1efeabe1: VAAPI: Enable EGL
    • Updated: [env] 09e988e6: mesa: Bump to version 11.0.0
    • Updated: [env] compare: Kodi 16 updates
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8110: addon repositories: fix last checked time not updating if not previously added
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8133: [videodb] Fix TV shows cleaning after 5755573981ca706a82a7ecbbdf5de112a570377a.
    • Added: [pkg] PR:8135: [guilib] simplify dirty region marking for fadelabels (fixes #16277)
TNX for those build.
I have two questions:
1. Can or. will be this color richness also be ported to RPi2? On the same monitor i have both devices and comparing both the colors on RPi2 seems washed out compared to the build on 1037U.
2. Millhouse can you maybe update the tvheadend server to the latest build? And also can you maybe add the parameter when you are building addon "--enable-libffmpeg_static"?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4