• 29(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
(2015-12-12, 05:15)furii Wrote: won't have time to test this tonight but does
Code:
[guilib/pictures] Add an ffmpeg based image loader (PR:8370, 3 commits, 10 files changed)
finally mean i can stop following this thread? Smile :fingerscrossed:

No, nothing to do with that.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse OpenElec 1211 build, I get no audio on my AVR.
http://sprunge.us/XCYd
(2015-12-12, 16:05)khaoohs Wrote: Milhouse OpenElec 1211 build, I get no audio on my AVR.
http://sprunge.us/XCYd

Did you mean to set the audio device to PulseAudio Sound Server (which is for Bluetooth audio)? Try configuring your HDMI as the audio device.

Edit: Sorry, misread your debug log - looks like you do have HDMI configured for audio. Do you have the same problem with build #1208? I see you have large audio discontinuity errors in your log - are you missing audio for all videos, or just some?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Build 1208 has audio. 1211, I did not get sound from music, nor from several video files that I tried or the GUI. I only tried a few, rebooted, tried some more, grabbed a log and went back to 1208.
If you would like further testing on 1211, I can re-install that again and do more comprehensive testing later.
I'm not sure what the problem could be right now, my #1211 Nvidia_Legacy build is working fine with my Onkyo AVR. I can drop the FernetMenta patches and upload a Generic test build for you, see if that makes any difference.
(2015-12-12, 17:58)khaoohs Wrote: Build 1208 has audio. 1211, I did not get sound from music, nor from several video files that I tried or the GUI. I only tried a few, rebooted, tried some more, grabbed a log and went back to 1208.
If you would like further testing on 1211, I can re-install that again and do more comprehensive testing later.

I can confirm this. No audio from HDMI, passthrough enabled, with movies or Live TV. Not even GUI sound.

http://xbmclogs.com/pakrq0dhu
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
I've uploaded build #1212z for Generic.

Can those without audio please test this build - it does not include the extra FernetMenta changes present in #1211.

The only other possibility that comes to mind is a problem with the 4.3.1 kernel... do you have audio with a 12 Dec or 9 Dec fritsch build?

Or perhaps it's PulseAudio causing a problem... test this new build and the fritsch builds, then if necessary I'll upload a new test build without PulseAudio.
I was running a fritsch build from the 9th because I had some audio sink issues that went away with that version - tried the latest real quick and I also have no audio with a chromebox attached to a denon receiver. I only had a minute to test but looking at the audio options on my phone it selected pulse audio as the audio output device instead of the hdmi. It didn't matter what I changed it to had no audio but I thought that was interesting. I am leaning towards pulse being the problem since my Fritsch latest builds have been okay.

I can grab a debug in a few hours if needed

*quick test with Fritsch 12th build also seems good - My vote is for pulse causing the trouble

**quicker test with 1212z - looks like no audio still - doubling my vote for pulse
New OpenELEC K* build #1212: Generic / Nvidia_Legacy
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 4.3.2 #1 SMP Sat Dec 12 19:49:01 GMT 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151212194502-#1212-gc5875ae [Build #1212]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c5875ae6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e226ebc0, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New 4.3.2 kernel
  2. Refactor platform code location
  3. Drop PulseAudio --> ALSA bridge PR:4482
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [gitignore] still keep old dvdplayer files in gitignore for one release (PR:8563, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix missing header label on clean EPG (PR:8566, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [win32] add VS2015 redist files to installer (PR:8564, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [platform] - refactor platform code location (PR:8532, 10 commits, 286 files changed)
    • touch panel to display adjustment (PR:7978, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  2. pvr.hts:
    • Settings fixes (PR:142, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Fix OE after platform move
    • Added: [env] PR:4484: Bump kernel 4.3.2
(2015-12-12, 21:30)jjslegacy Wrote: *quick test with Fritsch 12th build also seems good - My vote is for pulse causing the trouble

**quicker test with 1212z - looks like no audio still - doubling my vote for pulse

OK thanks, have dropped Pulse in #1212 - let me know if that's fixed it.
will go down to the theater this evening but quick test playing a movie shows my denon now seeing HD audio where before nothing was detected.

Thanks for the quick fix!
Thanks for the quick report.
Well thinks aren't perfect. I have no gum sounds and no audio in trailers with YouTube app for example. Hd audio in movies works fine from makemkv rips. Will have to debug more later as watching a movie with the wife
(2015-12-13, 00:44)jjslegacy Wrote: Well thinks aren't perfect. I have no gum sounds and no audio in trailers with YouTube app for example. Hd audio in movies works fine from makemkv rips. Will have to debug more later as watching a movie with the wife

Please post debug logs. It doesn't help use when you just post and we can't actually see what's happening.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
I thought I made it pretty clear I would debug more later as I needed to use the device. I just wanted to put the heads-up out there about the issue. Gotta keep the wife happy for a bit
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4