Kodi in App Store for new Apple TV?
Since Apple announced yesterday that they're going to open up an app store for the new AppleTV I was curious if we're going to look into developing kodi for the new AppleTV or even if that's a possibility if Apple would allow it.
Especially considering that they don't allow it for the iPhone or the iPad.
look in the other threads
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just to have it answered in this forum as well, it's unlikely that Team Kodi will have a version on the official Apple App Store, for iDevice or ATV. It would require us to remove the ability to add python add-ons outside of what is already included by default.

This wouldn't stop someone else from making a stripped down Kodi and submitting that under a different name, however. There's a lot you can do without installable add-ons.
Sorry I didn't see it I searched apple didn't come up I apologize.
It's too bad because like with the fire TV you can sideload things was hoping that maybe with the ability to have an App Store that might see something similar.
If you could point me to that other form so that I don't tie up this one
If Apple allows developers to load apps on to the ATV using xcode, like they do the iPhone and iPad, and without a dev membership, then that might be one path for people. However, it would require learning how to compile using xcode.
(2015-09-10, 21:23)Ned Scott Wrote: If Apple allows developers to load apps on to the ATV using xcode, like they do the iPhone and iPad, and without a dev membership, then that might be one path for people. However, it would require learning how to compile using xcode.

Why you not add background download? The user download normal Kodi version without addons from app-store. Then open Kodi app. Then go to addons use your favorite addons. Now download. I can this options from games app.

This is possible!!
(2015-09-11, 18:06)Longcaple Wrote:
(2015-09-10, 21:23)Ned Scott Wrote: If Apple allows developers to load apps on to the ATV using xcode, like they do the iPhone and iPad, and without a dev membership, then that might be one path for people. However, it would require learning how to compile using xcode.

Why you not add background download? The user download normal Kodi version without addons from app-store. Then open Kodi app. Then go to addons use your favorite addons. Now download. I can this options from games app.

This is possible!!

Because that would get one kicked out of the App Store and get their dev ID banned.
I'm currently running Kodi on a FireTV because of Kodi's support of the MythTV PVR.

However, if getting Kodi to run on the new AppleTV is possible, I'd love to get one. It appears to have a very good interface for video (Netflix and apple's own service)... I imagine Amazon would make a version of their video app for it as well, giving me all the major services I use on one device. Plus, there are sure to be tons of IOS games available for it within a few months.

Not to mention the remote! Using a swipe motion makes so much sense for navigation. I would think that should last for a very long time as well, since no button presses are needed for navigation. It can control the volume and power of the TV as well, saving me from having to find another remote (or the cost of a Harmony).
(2015-09-12, 02:49)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 18:06)Longcaple Wrote:

This is possible!!

Because that would get one kicked out of the App Store and get their dev ID banned.

Noo this is not problem. Plex team release this year for ATV4!!

Why don't you tell the truth?
This is GPL license problem!! You say always the App Kodi himself is not compatible!! This is false.

With GPL license ID banned.

I have 2 good news that you may or may not know.
please see my post here : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2104015
not a gplv2+ issue, plenty of apps there are gplv2
Not sure why I didn't think of this before I originally asked this question but there are apps available for both the iPhone and iPad by the millions in Cody is not there so I'm not sure why I thought that Cody would be allowed into the AppleTV App Store.

Yeah hey one can always dream but there are so many other devices out there that can run go to easily that it just seems like it might not be worth the hassle.
I love my Apple products and the Apple TV does look really cool but one of the cool features about it is the boy search and that won't work in kodi so that kind of defeats the purpose of getting the Apple TV
(2015-09-12, 16:26)Longcaple Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 02:49)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-09-11, 18:06)Longcaple Wrote: Why you not add background download? The user download normal Kodi version without addons from app-store. Then open Kodi app. Then go to addons use your favorite addons. Now download. I can this options from games app.

This is possible!!

Noo this is not problem. Plex team release this year for ATV4!!

Why don't you tell the truth?
This is GPL license problem!! You say always the App Kodi himself is not compatible!! This is false.

With GPL license ID banned.

is this true?
(2015-09-12, 17:13)MrMC Wrote: not a gplv2+ issue, plenty of apps there are gplv2

VLC iOS use gplv2+ and MPlv2. Kodi only gplv2+
(2015-09-12, 18:40)Longcaple Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 17:13)MrMC Wrote: not a gplv2+ issue, plenty of apps there are gplv2

VLC iOS use gplv2+ and MPlv2. Kodi only gplv2+

Do NOT argue with MrMC as he knows more than you think.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in App Store for new Apple TV?1