Kodi in App Store for new Apple TV?
when compiling kodi to "sideload" sort of speak. is kodi sandboxed then? Or could for example kodi or addons for kodi take info from the rest of the system apps?
(2015-09-13, 01:15)Memphiz Wrote: i made it clear that we are working on an appletv4 port once the device is out...

you don't necessarily need to wait for device is out. because with Xcode 7.1 there is support for Apple Tv 4 (Tvos) and you could test your app with it's simulator. so you might start earlier to work on Kodi same as other developers in other team has started their work for tvOS with Similatur and then when real device is out you could continue or test your kodi app... right?
kodi is not working in the simulator (and will never most likely). Don't underestimate the size, number of dependencies and complexity that kodi has.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-09-13, 09:37)Memphiz Wrote: kodi is not working in the simulator (and will never most likely). Don't underestimate the size, number of dependencies and complexity that kodi has.

Then Kodi version without Addons. Maybe Dolby,DTS codec has Kodi officially??

The normal user use mostly only default settings without addons. What is problem?

This idea is for iOS app-store. For tvOS optional.

Maybe in future add Apple addons support. But this is fact normal version without Dooby,DTS and addons is possible.
(2015-09-13, 01:43)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-09-12, 18:46)Longcaple Wrote: https://twitter.com/KodiTV/status/634307283040600064

I don't know which Team Kodi member posted that, but it's wrong.

I think it was distraction. See @Memphiz

That here is lie. untrustworthy
I have the solution.

You create normal Kodi version without Dolby,DTS codec.

For user the need addons and Dolby,DTs codec. Very easy import with iTunes file sharing the zip file. Then go to settings and install done. All external without App-Store.

The file manager in Kodi must you change from root detect to normal detect. See VLC iOS.
One last time that i reply to you because you ignore me somehow and i feel that you are starting to troll only.

What exactly don't you get with this:

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/re...ctionality

2.7 says:

Quote:Apps that download code in any way or form will be rejected

And now (just in case you can't count 1 + 1) - i can tell you that all our python addons are executable code.

There are some other rules we don't obey too. So why do you keep picking on your senseless codec statement and call me untrustworthy? Because i want to kick you out of the forum? Well you are talking alot of stuff while you don't even have a clue about apple app development and appstore rules.

Why should i let you post even more accusations against team kodi?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz
And what is with the idea iTunes File-Sharing. The user import the skin,addons,custom codec etc..

This is possible. Good idea.

Why you give me same link? I said iTunes file sharing. This is not the App-Store. All external,local with iTunes file-sharing,no background download.

Ok now better developer? Sorry again.
No, Apple has banned apps that used iTunes file sharing to load code before (game emulators).
(2015-09-13, 22:34)Ned Scott Wrote: No, Apple has banned apps that used iTunes file sharing to load code before (game emulators).

Last solution.

Normal Kodi version without addons,dolby,dts. No background download for code etc...

Fact is good for the normal user. For pro user use Xcode 7 or wait on Jailbreak.
Okay, but we're not interested in doing that.
Can you please elaborate why you are not interested in releasing a stripped down version for the tvOS App Store? Thanks.

Edit: I obviously meant tvOS, not watchOS...
(2015-09-15, 13:06)Torhok Wrote: Can you please elaborate why you are not interested in releasing a stripped down version for the watchOS App Store? Thanks.

because chopping of some one limbs and saying they should run a marathon won't work either.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
because kodi is a *free* project built on *free software* principles.
This lists a few reasons: Team Kodi manifesto (wiki)

With that said, that does not prevent Team Kodi from creating some kind of thin client for various limited devices, but that client wouldn't actually be Kodi. It would be a new software "product" that would need someone to maintain it and have consensus from the group to be some kind of official Team Kodi related software, much like the smartphone remote apps we have. As far as I know, no one on Team Kodi has expressed an interest in going down that path for the ATV4.

I can speculate on why, such as if people feel the effort is worth it, or even if they feel the ATV4 is going to be a viable platform, or they feel Apple's app store policies are too limiting for their taste, but it would only be speculation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in App Store for new Apple TV?1