Kodi in App Store for new Apple TV?
What we need is the ideas apple put into the Apple TV and then put that into kodi. Voice search my library that is growing 5tb. And the ability to just say search and the TV show or movie that would be awesome. My grandparents would love that they don't like typing on the keyboard.
(2015-09-15, 19:26)ilovemymac Wrote: What we need is the ideas apple put into the Apple TV and then put that into kodi. Voice search my library that is growing 5tb. And the ability to just say search and the TV show or movie that would be awesome. My grandparents would love that they don't like typing on the keyboard.

What? That's no Apple idea. Android already had voice search.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Not do the extent that Apple did it yeah the fire TV has voice search but it's not as smart the voice search that they offer on the AppleTV you can search for a guest star in a particular show an episode and can get a lot more detailed than the Google search that we've seen in the past.

I like to ability to narrow your search as you go so you can say I'm looking for action movie and then narrow it down to well only these and then narrow it down to only ones with a certain actor even beyond that.

And none of the androids will voice search to my knowledge Netflix or Hulu the Amazon fire TV will do some Hulu but it always brings up Amazon content first in but I like the way that the Apple TV would bring up a particular show or movie and say here it's available here here and here and right now I haven't seen a voice search for Netflix yet.
As I said stripped down Kodi version for tvOS and iOS store is the best. The normal user use most only basic settings.

With App-Store version Kodi is popular. Then come all user here in forum and use the full version from Xcode 7.
If this could be loaded onto the Apple TV via the developer testing app route then it would be great to play around with Kodi. No more worries about Netflixbmc with the native app and access to central media would be ideal.
(2015-09-15, 20:22)Longcaple Wrote: As I said stripped down Kodi version for tvOS and iOS store is the best. The normal user use most only basic settings.

With App-Store version Kodi is popular. Then come all user here in forum and use the full version from Xcode 7.

As already said, we are not interested in a stripped down Kodi version. If it even would happen we wouldn't call it Kodi.

Now stop being an Apple fan boy as you said your opinion more than enough times.
hahaha, this thread is amusing to read Smile
What's wrong with liking Apple?
(2015-09-15, 21:24)MrMC Wrote: hahaha, this thread is amusing to read Smile

* Martijn hands MrMC some Image and a bucket of trout to fling
I think Apple does some great stuff I have no issues with jay company competition is good for all. Apple has a great Eco system. Windows ahh sorta but to me Microsoft as well as Google just to me don't seem to care as much about the hardware and software Eco system. I hate people who just are blinded by Microsoft Apple or Google there is room for all. Personally I like Apple have been using Apple since long before windows existed. But android has made kodi great because without it we'd all be using what Linux or windows mini pcs to run it on our tvs.
Now come my ultra mega best solutions.

You create Kodi as beta version(apptest). And the user install via Safari browser. This is very good. No ban.

Or Kodi use so build store. Like GBA emulator.
(2015-09-15, 20:52)Martijn Wrote: Now stop being an Apple fan boy as you said your opinion more than enough times.

Coming to the iOS support forum and calling people and Apple fanboy as an insult is meaningless. That's like calling people nerds at a comicbook convention.

Yes, no one is currently interested in doing this from Team Kodi (this is a hint, everyone), but the idea is still a valid conversation topic.

EDIT: also, you should be able to use Kodi as a UPnP server via VLC, which said they will make an ATV4 app. That's basically a thin-client right there. Everybody wins ;)
@ned Scott
You are very good as user here. Better than your friends developers.

I help Kodi for more popular. So my last ultra mega solutions good?? I think yes with this method have all user the full versiob.. I am only basic iOS developer(since 1.5days). I know this is better than stripped down Kodi iOS version in App-Store.
No, not good. We don't care about popularity. Team Kodi is not interested.
@Longcaple are you a 12 year old or what? I have a mega solution for you in a couple of days if you keep posting in the way you are doing. You have no clue what you are talking about.

What you suggest needs an enterprise certificate and distributing a software via this approach was already done by other projects. They simply got the enterprise certificate revoked by apple.

To cite you. You are very bad as user here. Worse then the other users. So now stop the insults and go get a different hobby. Or start becoming an ios dev so you get a better idea of how "good" your utlra mega solutions (wtf) are.

* Memphiz hands some extra popcorn to MrMc
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi in App Store for new Apple TV?1