Skip Steps is reseting the position to start of movie
robo989, that's not a helpful answer, and you're not a Team Kodi member, so I assume you're just trolling. Please stop.
(2015-09-21, 21:43)birdwatcher Wrote: robo989, that's not a helpful answer, and you're not a Team Kodi member, so I assume you're just trolling. Please stop.

There's only one answer and I gave it to you.
You're mistaking "helpful" with "spoonfed"

No repos are carrying this and your only option is to build from git.
No, you're mistaking "technically correct" with "helpful."

Reminds me of this old joke:

Quote:A helicopter was flying around above Seattle when an electrical malfunction disabled all of the aircraft's electronic navigation and communications qquipment. Due to the clouds and haze, the pilot could not determine the helicopter's position and course to fly to the airport. The pilot saw a tall building, flew toward it, circled, drew a handwritten sign, and held it in the helicopter's window. The pilot's sign said "WHERE AM I?" in large letters. People in the tall building quickly responded to the aircraft, drew a large sign and held it in a building window. Their sign read: "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER." The pilot smiled, waved, looked at her map, determined the course to steer to SEATAC airport, and landed safely. After they were on the ground, the co-pilot asked the pilot how the "YOU ARE IN A HELICOPTER" sign helped determine their position. The pilot responded "I knew that had to be the Microsoft building because they gave me a technically correct, but completely useless answer."

For anyone but a developer, your response was probably technically correct, and totally useless. And you knew that, so you're just trolling.

I've added a paragraph to my previous question to clarify exactly what I'm asking, so hopefully I don't get any more responses like that.
I would have answered the same thing. Your best bet is to wait until the PPA has been updated, then you just upgrade normally.
https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archiv...mc-nightly

Posted same thing in other thread but if didn't see it then it's here.
@birdwatcher will put your comments down to ignorance and not blind entitlement complex.
Have a nice day.
Thank you robo989, that actually is very helpful.

Now if I may ask a dumb question, because I'm honestly not sure - if I wanted to obtain the fixed addon but NOT upgrade Kodi to a nightly build, could I do this:

Add the ppa as a source: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly

Install ONLY the pvr addon: sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-hts

Then disable or remove the xbmc-nightly repository so Update Manager won't try to get the nightly version of Kodi (I think I can disable it from Update Manager, but if not I know I can do it in Synaptic).

Do you think that would work, or would I be in danger of breaking Kodi? In my case it truly is ignorance; it's very rare that I ever have to add any software that's not in a standard repository, and on the extremely rare occasion it's happened I have found instructions (what you would probably consider being spoonfed, but in such cases those instructions were either on a web page or in a readme file, or both, so I didn't have to ask for them).

Basically what I'm asking is, does anyone know if the fixed kodi-pvr-hts addon requires some version of Kodi 15.2, or could it be used with 15.1 until the official 15.2 release?
Could you please make this more simple for a non technical user.
When will it appear in a nightly?
How can I determine if has appeared in a nightly build?
When will it appear in a normal release?

All in plane english without SHA check sums references and fancy abbreviations like PPA.
I'm not going to explain how to do anything out of the ordinary because it's kind of complicated for a normal users to build the addon from source and install it manually. I can't give any dates on when the PPAs will be updated either, except it will happen soon.

If you want to make sure you're getting the update when it's available, just run sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade from time to time. The next time the kodi-pvr-hts package gets updated you will have the fix.

@birdwatcher don't try that, the nightly PPA and the stable PPA are not compatible. You'd end up with an addon that can't even be enabled.
@negge.
Thanks. So basically the message is "wait until it is ready".
I would be helpful to mention the bug fix is some kind of release note.

Aside this bug, Kodi is really become the one and only media center I am using and I am starting to love it more and more.
It will be mentioned once the fix is released.
The last update RC 3 seems to have fixed the issue.
Thanks for the rapid response.
Good work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip Steps is reseting the position to start of movie1