TV-shows works , Movies don't (not reading the database)
to give a bit more info on the topic :

i bought myself a raspberry pi 2 model B for testing purpose ,

i already own 4 Kodi's in the house and they all sync with a MySQL database ,

the only thing i have to do is copy the advancedsettings.xml , together with sources and i'm able to see tv-shows and movies database without changing a thing

i did the same with the PI , my tv-shows are listed in the menu , movies are not ... does anyone have a idea what the problem could be ...

strange thing is movies and tv-shows are in the same library on the sql (myvideos90 or myvideos93 or someting) , so it doenst make sence i can see the tv-shows , and not the movies ...

thanks in advance
Not a lot of info to go on.
Could it be that all except the Pi2 are on one version of Kodi, while the Pi2 is on a different - that could explain it.
Derek
(2015-09-12, 17:51)Mighty5nake Wrote: (myvideos90 or myvideos93 or someting)

Yeah, see that's the most important thing - all your clients need to be on the same database version yet you don't seem to be very sure about which version is being used. Could it be that you have an old database lying around with only TV shows and this is the database your Pi is now using, or maybe your Pi has created a new database version but the migration failed for movies leaving only TV Shows?

Without accurate information on database versions, and ideally a debug log or two, it's difficult to say what the problem might be.

I'd suggest uploading the debug log (wiki) from your non-working Pi client, along with a debug log (wiki) from one of your working Kodi clients. That should tell us all we need to know.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
guys , thanks for the reply , thats exactly what's going on , i forgot al the other kodi's are running version 15 while the PI is on 14.2 ... , i was thinking of posting this as a answer but you guys had it already figured out Smile ,

i gues there is not mush i can do about this right ? because my database is already on version 15 ... for the moment i'm having 2 MyMusic Databases and 2 MyVideos databases , i gues these were accidently made when i added the PI on version 14.2 on the network (with the modified advancedsettings file) , should i delete the the "not used ones" ?

right now i'm having :

MyMusic48
MyMusic52
MyVideos90
MyVideos93

only thing that i find strange is , that the MyVideos database seems to work for TV-Shows and not for Movies , while they are in the same database ?

thnx for helping out guys
Why don't you upgrade the Pi to a build with Kodi 15?

I could provide more specific information if you had mentioned which OS you are running on your Pi. OSMC and OpenELEC both have Kodi 15 builds available.

Not sure what you mean by the "not used ones" - they're being used by the Pi, so no, don't delete them (not until you've upgraded the Pi to a Kodi 15 build).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV-shows works , Movies don't (not reading the database)0