Some Music Files Stop Before Song Finish
Hi,

I've noticed a few (I think) music files I have end playback before the song actually finishes. I've managed to narrow 1 down to the exact song and it stops playing every time at the exact same spot. Other songs in the album don't have the same issue. This song plays fine in other environments - iTunes, QuickTime, iPod, etc.

The song is streaming off my NAS via NFS. I've replaced the file on my NAS to make sure it is not corrupt. I've also played the actual file on my computer from my NAS to verify that it plays in full.

The song stops playing and and moves onto the next song in the album at around 3:00 out of 3:17. The song in question is "It's Always You". Log file below.

Running 15.1 on ATV.

ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/XDJ9SsTP
I'd run an mp3 validator against the file if it's an MP3, not sure if a tool exists for this for M4A file and/or other formats.

What you've got here is the MP3 header is incorrectly reporting the length of the file. This can lead to seeking problems and/or the file "ending" premeturely. This usually affects VBR-based tracks more than CBR ones. I've experienced this very issue with Kodi, and While the music may "play" correctly in something like Winamp (which seems to be quite forgiving of header errors), the same can't be said of Kodi. One surefire indicator is if on the visualization screen, the duration reported for said track is off from what it should be, then that will prove the theory (corrupt / incorrect VBR header).

A tool I use for MP3's is called "MP3val". Run it across your entire collection, you may be surprised how "Not-OK" your music actually is.

http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/
A note of caution while I'm here. Never tag / edit music like MP3s on remote shares or networked devices. Especially with tools like MediaMonkey. Latency, access rights, and general bugs in some music manager software packages can do serious damage to your collection when used this way. Take it from someone who learned the hard way. MediaMonkey is not unique in this regard, but by far the easiest to trigger the problem. If your music is important to you, do any tagging / editing on a local drive then sync the changes back to your network storage. That alone will help avoid problems like the OP's appearing, assuming that is his issue in this case.
I'm experiencing the same issue. I have 40,000 music files - mp3, flac, etc. Problems occur mostly with flac, but recently i noticed it with mp3's also. It is so bad that I've stopped using kodi entirely for music playback. On Winamp and MusicBee, the all the problematic files I tested files play properly. Granted the files may (or probably do) contain glitches. My question is can kodi be tuned to be more permissive?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Music Files Stop Before Song Finish0