Solved Low framerate after background/resume with hardware acceleration
Hi,

This is on an iPad Air (8.4.1) running Kodi 15.1. If I background Kodi (4 finger pinch) while playing a video and then switch back to Kodi, the video resumes playing, but at an extremely low framerate. The audio plays fine, but the video is almost frozen. If i stop the video before backgrounding, it will resume playing fine. If I pause the video before backgrounding, it will resume playing at the low framerate.

This occurs when I have hardware acceleration (VideoToolbox) enabled. With hardware acceleration disabled, the problem does not occur.

Does anyone else experience this issue?

More details:
- The video file is located on a NAS, shared via NFS.
- iPad Air is not jailbroken. Built and installed Kodi using Xcode 7 beta 6: Kodi 15.1 Git:2015-08-24-423a825 (Compiled on Aug 30 2015)
- Experienced the same issue on 15, 15.1, and 16 alpha 2.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/eDXb8M5s
i am more wondering how you got it to compile with xcode7 - for me it gets stuck on building cmake-native already (xcode7 gm)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I basically followed the instructions in the readme, and used the option:

Code:
./configure --host=arm-apple-darwin --with-sdk=8.4

I do have both Xcode 6 as well as Xcode 7 beta 6 installed, and have my CC environment variable pointing to clang. Here are more details of the build environment:

Code:
$ sw_vers -productVersion

$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)

$ clang -v
Apple LLVM version 6.1.0 (clang-602.0.53) (based on LLVM 3.6.0svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.5.0
Thread model: posix

In Xcode, I encountered two simple errors in xbmc/linux/XFileUtils.cpp that Xcode was able to resolve (involving PCRE::free).

When testing the low framerate issue, I built several revisions in both the Isengar and master branches. Never had any build problems, but I always encountered the low framerate issue.

Let me know if there is more information that I can provide.
any chance that you build the command line stuff with xcode6 by accident and then built the xcode project with xcode7 somehow? This would be a reason for the crash...

Ensure that you did a xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode7.app/Contents/Developer or something like that to ensure that command line is using xcode7 too - and prepare that it won't weven compile the mative tools depends with that Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You're right, that's exactly what happened. Tongue Thanks for your help Memphiz. Sorry for the confusion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Low framerate after background/resume with hardware acceleration0