Buffering issues
Had my Kodi setup running good for a while now on a raspberry Pi 2. I have it wired to my router which is wired to my desktop. All my media is stored on the desktop. Like I said everything has been running perfectly until recently. My HD content has started freezing every few minutes. I assume buffering.
I know there are some tweaks and tips for changing cache settings etc but I would like to know why it's suddenly started doing this?
The only thing I can think of is the upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?
Could there be some settings on windows that is causing this?
Any help appreciated

Cheers

Danny
Can you provide more details about your setup? How are you accessing the HD content? A Debug log (wiki) would be useful too.
Windows 10 is calling home a lot and they're in disbelief that Win 10 is spying on such a cheap tiny device, so they're not picking up the call.

Try:

O&O Software’s free privacy tool, ShutUp 10 or DoNotSpy
(2015-09-13, 13:20)UsefulG Wrote: Can you provide more details about your setup? How are you accessing the HD content? A Debug log (wiki) would be useful too.

Hi there,

So I have a Windows desktop computer with all my movies/tv shows etc stored and shared on internal drives. The Desktop is connected via an Ethernet cable to my wireless router. I have a cable going from the router to an Ethernet switch where the raspberry pi is hanging off (I have tried with the pi connected directly to the router and it made no difference).

It all worked fine with no buffering issues when I had Windows 8.1 installed.

Last night I installed the Maintenance Tool Add-on and ran zero-cache, however that seemed to make no difference either

It seems to only occur with 3D movies (that I've noticed so far) however some run fine and some not. It doesn't seem to correlate to file size either? as I played one fine that was at least 2GB larger than another

Thanks
(2015-09-13, 17:19)PatK Wrote: Windows 10 is calling home a lot and they're in disbelief that Win 10 is spying on such a cheap tiny device, so they're not picking up the call.

Try:

Thanks for your suggestion, after installing DoNotSpy which would you recommend enabling/disabling?

Thanks
(2015-09-14, 01:19)ozzy_81_uk Wrote:
(2015-09-13, 17:19)PatK Wrote: Windows 10 is calling home a lot and they're in disbelief that Win 10 is spying on such a cheap tiny device, so they're not picking up the call.

Try:

Thanks for your suggestion, after installing DoNotSpy which would you recommend enabling/disabling?

Thanks
Sorry some miss-communications, thought you were talking about the Rasp and I didn't think it would run Win 10 but as far as DoNotSpy, disable it all, ask yourself; is there any advantage to have MS checking you out?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering issues0