v15 How to display number of movies in smart playlist in MQ5
I saw this screenshot in another thread and I see that it's displaying only the playlist items on the top left hand corner. When I go into my smart playlist it displays number of all the movies I have, not just movie count within the playlist. Is there a setting that I've missed? I did an extensive search prior to posting, thanks so much for helping!
I think the only way is to assign the playlist as a main menu item in "customize main menu".

scott s.
(2015-09-14, 02:42)scott967 Wrote: I think the only way is to assign the playlist as a main menu item in "customize main menu".

scott s.

Oh my god! I can't believe I've not tried that. Thanks so much for your prompt and accurate response!
Sorry if i write in this old post, but is it still possible to display the number of movies when loading a playlist? I have Kodi Leia 18.1 with MQ8 but it is not displayed in the playlists. I also tried to activate the information bar.
Any suggestions?
Many Thanks
(2019-05-15, 18:10)xbmandrea Wrote: Sorry if i write in this old post, but is it still possible to display the number of movies when loading a playlist? I have Kodi Leia 18.1 with MQ8 but it is not displayed in the playlists. I also tried to activate the information bar.
Any suggestions?
Many Thanks

Do you mean the number of movies in the library?  That's in the info bar for smart playlists.  For m3u playlist, there isn't really a way for a skin to determine if the playlist contains movies.   If you mean the number of movies (actually, items of whatever type) in the playlist, that is available in MQ5 but I don't think MQ8 offers that.

scott s.
(2019-05-15, 22:59)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 18:10)xbmandrea Wrote: Sorry if i write in this old post, but is it still possible to display the number of movies when loading a playlist? I have Kodi Leia 18.1 with MQ8 but it is not displayed in the playlists. I also tried to activate the information bar.
Any suggestions?
Many Thanks

Do you mean the number of movies in the library?  That's in the info bar for smart playlists.  For m3u playlist, there isn't really a way for a skin to determine if the playlist contains movies.   If you mean the number of movies (actually, items of whatever type) in the playlist, that is available in MQ5 but I don't think MQ8 offers that.

scott s.
Yes i intend to have the possibility to see the number of movies as in the picture in MQ8. Is this function no longer possible?
I don't think anything has changed in MQ8 for that multi data box.  What specific skin and data are you looking at (a debug log would show).

scott s.
(2019-05-16, 00:40)scott967 Wrote: I don't think anything has changed in MQ8 for that multi data box.  What specific skin and data are you looking at (a debug log would show).

scott s.
I simply created a smart playlist, then I replaced the menu item with the new playlist. I'm using the "Right List" mode.
I activated the "Information Bar" but nothing I can't see number of movies.
The Movie menu item that does not use the playlist is shown on the counter. So there's some setting to enable for playlists??
(2019-05-16, 06:59)xbmandrea Wrote:
(2019-05-16, 00:40)scott967 Wrote: I don't think anything has changed in MQ8 for that multi data box.  What specific skin and data are you looking at (a debug log would show).

scott s.
I simply created a smart playlist, then I replaced the menu item with the new playlist. I'm using the "Right List" mode.
The Movie menu item that does not use the playlist is shown on the counter. So there's some setting to enable for playlists?? 

OK I see there are changes in how MQ8 sets up the playlists for use in the multidata value_multilabel.  It looks to me like it needs a property set on the home window for the playlist.count, but I don't see where it is being set.   You need to ask in the MQ8 thread for further help.

scott s.
(2019-05-17, 04:31)scott967 Wrote:
(2019-05-16, 06:59)xbmandrea Wrote:

scott s.

OK I see there are changes in how MQ8 sets up the playlists for use in the multidata value_multilabel.  It looks to me like it needs a property set on the home window for the playlist.count, but I don't see where it is being set.   You need to ask in the MQ8 thread for further help.

scott s.
Thank you very much for your help Scott. I will ask in the official Mq8 thread to go to the bottom of this story. Undecided

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to display number of movies in smart playlist in MQ51