OTA Wetek Core OS 1.2 released HERE
WeTek Core website HERE
98 EURO / $107 USD inc free delivery (export pricing for shipping outside the EU)
Fast, 8-bit / 4K / 1080p / H264 / HEVC / DRM Video Streamer / Kodi / IPTV media player, running Android Lollipop 5.1.1 or a dual boot Android / OpenELEC combo.
- Excellent Motion Adaptive video de-interlacing for broadcast TV viewing.
- Super responsive RF / IR Wireless Remote control, that includes an accurate Air Mouse function and Microphone
- Standby Mode, device can be powered ON/OFF using IR on the remote control.
- OTA (Over the Air) Android Firmware updating
- Properly synced 23.976/29.97/59.94Hz video output for smooth video playback
- Includes dynamic refresh rate switching when using Kodi, based on source video's fps.
- Netflix and Google Widevine Level 1 DRM certified for full 1080p HD video streaming, all other AMLogic and Rockhip Android media players are limited to 480p Max resolution for DRM Netflix and other Apps....
- Dolby and DTS licensed device.
- Android TV OS versions of Netflix and YouTube and other Apps, work on the Core as well.
WeTek Core Special Features:
- Customised WeTek Jarvis 16.0 mediaplayer, based on Kodi Jarvis to allow for HD Audio + Kodi AMLogic specific bug fixes. (Android only currently)
- 7.1 HD Audio Passthrough (Bitstreaming - Android only)
- 7.1 HD Audio decoded to bit perfect, lossless Multichannel PCM Audio (Android only)
- Latest HD Audio passthrough tests by hdmkv with the WeTek Jarvis 16.0 mediaplayer HERE
- Easily customisable, slick, WeTek Android Desktop Launcher.
- Dual boot Android / OpenELEC, selectable from the remote control during a reboot.
- Slick WeTek IPTV App.
- Customisable 24p App Refresh Switcher, for nicely synced 23.976fps Netflix and other video streaming Apps.
- TvHeadend Server ported to the Core and works in Android if you like a bit of DIY.
- HDMI CEC control of AVR's from both within Android and OpenELEC
- VC-1, 29.970fps interlaced content (very slight juddering), a lot of media players have issues with this combo.
Sample HERE, VC-1, 23.976fps progressive plays just fine
- Rare, unusual Variable Frame Rate HEVC has been known to cause playback issues
- Netflix audio is 2.0 only due to some stupid Netflix restriction.
- Some Apps will only work when connected over WiFi.
- The 24p selectable App Refresh switcher is not 100% foolproof due to an Android OS limitation. Some UK/EU/AUS Netflix content is 25/50fps and incompatible with this 24p App.
Simply deselect Netflix for refresh switching in those cases.
- Potential purchasers should always read the WeTek Core support forums found HERE
- The Power Cord needs to be longer, at least 1.5-> 2 metres
- No Power brick click in adapter included for us down under, AUS/NZ, convicts and Hobbits
HBO GO will not work as if requires Microsoft Playready DRM which the Core does not have a licence for.Confirmed Working.
- New User Remote Control Tips - Click HERE
- Kodi Keymap Editor - Click HERE
- Map back button to Stop function during Full Screen Video Playback only - Click HERE
- Latest Test Firmware for Android Universal Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching See this Post
- Android TV launcher remote control friendly Apps for the Core Click HERE
- Android - Universal Dynamic Refresh Rate switching for any Android video playback App, eg Netflix, YouTube etc. The same dynamic video sync functionality as Kodi. All Automatic. An awesome feature IMHO for those that like smooth video playback. (final stages of testing now.)
- WiFi spoofing, so badly coded WiFi only Apps can use a Ethernet connection.
- Half Resolution 3D MVC, with 3D auto switching function to switch the TV into 3D mode seamlessly.
- hdmkv's 3D MVC test results HERE
- HD Audio or decoded HD to Multichannel PCM Audio Output when using OpenELEC. 5.1 DD/DTS does work.
- A new AMLogic decoder, written by WeTek for future Kodi 17.0 Krypton compatibility.
- Pulse8 libCEC compatibility in OpenELEC, to control an AVR's volume from the TV remote (final testing right now)
- Experimental 3D MVC Playback with Koying's SPMC, a version of Jarvis 16.1. SPMC will not overwrite Kodi or WeTek's Jarvis mediaplayer.
This is a Slick little device, just slightly bigger in size than an Apple TV 3 and perfect if you want a dual boot Android Lollipop / OpenELEC device that also does 23.976fps HD Netflix and 23.976fps HD video in other copy protected, paid Android video streaming Apps.
You won't get auto 23.976fps HD Netflix video sync on even the new NVIDIA Shield. Its a pleasure to watch.
This is a world first for an AMLogic device and is the best of both OpenELEC and Android worlds in one well sorted media player.
The WeTek guys really know what they are doing with their Software and more importantly - Firmware.
WeTek are both a Kodi and OpenELEC sponsor, and it definitely shows in the passion they put into their products.
Three Thumbs Up !
- CPU: AMLogic S812-H / up to 2GHz Quad core
- GPU: Mali-450MP / Octo-core
- ROM: 8GB NAND
- RAM: 2GB
- LAN: Gigabit Ethernet
- WiFi: Broadcom AP6330 802.11 b/g/n - 2.4/5 GHz
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Optical: S/PDIF
- Remote: RF + IR with Microphone for Google Voice
- HDMI CEC Control
- HDMI 1.4a
- Power Adaptor for UK, USA and EU
- hdmkv's Jan 20th 2016 review:
- Old YouTube video by Roberto Jorge:
- More Demo Videos (24p 1080p Netflix):