JSONRPC.GetConfiguration : Method not found
According to the wiki, there is a JSONRPC.GetConfiguration method. But when I try to call it, I get an error. API version is 6.25.2

Request

Code:
{
  "url": "http://192.168.1.18:8000/jsonrpc",
  "method": "POST",
  "headers": {
    "Authorization": "Basic a29kaTprb2Rp",
    "Content-Type": "application/json"
  },
  "body": {
    "jsonrpc": "2.0",
    "id": 1,
    "method": "JSONRPC.GetConfiguration",
    "params": {}
  }
}

Reponse

Code:
{
  "status": 200,
  "statusText": "OK",
  "body": {
    "error": {
      "code": -32601,
      "message": "Method not found."
    },
    "id": 1,
    "jsonrpc": "2.0"
  }
}
It's only available over TCP right now.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Forgot to mention it, but it's the same for "JSONRPC.SetConfiguration".

Any plan to expose it through HTTP?
No. It currently only supports getting/setting the notification configuration and we don't support notifications over HTTP.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I had a similar question a while back:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235856

at first i thought why not change the name to JSONRPC.GetNotificationConfiguration, but then realized that would only limit the methods usefulness if any additional json configuration info was added in the future...

The schema specifically notes the response property name "notifications" and as mentioned inherently notifications are only tcp.

{
"id": "Configuration",
"properties": {
"notifications": {
"$ref": "Configuration.Notifications",
"required": true
}
},
"required": true,
"type": "object"
}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help