• 38(current)
Mod skin.arctic.zephyr.braz (updated for Krypton)
(2016-12-12, 12:40)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-12-12, 06:40)DeadDuck Wrote:
(2016-09-10, 03:18)Guardian Hope Wrote: With that said, I do know there are quite a few AZ users who like the Braz version (AZ:B) over regular Arctic Zephyr (AZ), or Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (AZ:FA).

I had a chance to talk to Braz earlier today whose been working on Mimic (a great skin by the way) and out of that has come a new generation of AZ:FA - one that incorporates AZ:B features as well which will be slipstreamed into AZ:FA over time and effectively making AZ:FA a "super mod" - a combination of two great works (Arctic Zephyr: Exploded being the actual base).

So fret not AZ:B users, you won't be left out on in the cold and everyone should give a special thanks to @braz for his blessing to let this happen.

Smile

Oh man, if this is true then really awesome. I can't wait for it. I'm a huge of AZ:Braz mod and although the Krypon update works good, there are few missing bits and I just can't bear the thought of not being able to use the skin in long term.

@DeadDuck

It's happening although the time table for it to occur will be set out at the start of next year. Both skins flourished in their own areas and now we are bringing them together in Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age (Branch Codename: "Caitlin Snow" / Version: 6.0.00 (Preview) / Version 7.0.00 (General Availability).

This hasn't even been discussed in the AZ:FA thread yet but the reality is that it's a monumental task to not only merge skins but to manage two branches - the upcoming From Ashes (Danvers branch) and the For Another Age (Caitlin Snow branch). I have a feeling some fear that Danvers support will be suddenly dropped like Dormer although most don't seem to realize that Dormer was released in November 2015 and reached End of Life 1 year later so that's a long run.

However, here's a little tidbit I threw together:
  • Arctic Zephyr: Exploded - Branch Name: Exploded - Kodi Support: 15 Isengard - AZ:B Features: No - Danvers Codebase: No - For Another Age Features: No
  • Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - Branch Name: Dormer - Kodi Support: 16 Jarvis - AZ:B Features: No - Danvers Codebase: No - For Another Age Features: No
  • Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - Branch Name: Danvers - Kodi Support: 17 Krypton - AZ:B Features: Partial - Danvers Codebase: Yes - For Another Age Features: No
  • Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age - Branch Name: Caitlin Snow (caitlinsnow) - Kodi Support: 17 Krypton/18 - AZ:B Features: Full - Danvers Codebase: Yes - For Another Age Features: Yes

After the general availability release of From Ashes Danvers, development of For Another Age will begin. To maintain support for Kodi 17 Krypton's run, updates will trickle down from the upstream development branch, Caitlin Snow (For Another Age). I like to compare it to how Ubuntu 16.04 gets updates from Ubuntu 16.10 but it doesn't get all the updates. You could probably also compare it to Windows 10's Insider Slow and Fast Rings.

So people will get to pick between the two: do they want the stable Danvers or do they want the not so stable Caitlin Snow with all the fancy new features and will carry on to Kodi 18 and later where it will be stable

And yes, that will probably be a little different for the AZ:B users. We throw fancy names on stuff. Calling it "From Ashes 3" and "From Ashes 4" is boring and I like to be creative Smile.

Way to raise my excitement.... I know I sound like an impatient child now, but is there any way to preview Catilin Snow build on Krypton Beta 6?

The reason why I'm asking is because I tried couple other things on Krypton, but I keep coming back to AZ and then AZ:B, even though some part of the skins don't work. The experience with AZ:B is now so ingrained in my daily usage that it's almost like addiction, can't give it up. Tongue
(2016-12-13, 15:07)DeadDuck Wrote: Way to raise my excitement.... I know I sound like an impatient child now, but is there any way to preview Catilin Snow build on Krypton Beta 6?

The reason why I'm asking is because I tried couple other things on Krypton, but I keep coming back to AZ and then AZ:B, even though some part of the skins don't work. The experience with AZ:B is now so ingrained in my daily usage that it's almost like addiction, can't give it up. Tongue

Unfortunately, there's not a way to preview the Caitlin Snow build tree yet unless you caught a download that was accidentally released to GitHub (it was briefly mentioned in the From Ashes thread). Right now the Caitlin Snow branch is a shadow copy of Danvers.

The first preview of Caitlin Snow (For Another Age) isn't set until early late Winter 2016/Spring 2017 (probably about February).

Hoping to expand the development team behind it too from just 3 people.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
(2015-10-24, 00:21)braz Wrote: Pushed a few changes, one of which was to remove the Light theme. I just got tired of checking it when making changes and I don't use it, hope no one misses it too much. The other change was to the Icons view for videos. I changed the Extra Info option so it now toggles the view shown below. I removed the options to show fanart/plot all the time and the big poster. Credit to Guilouz, I adapted the idea/code from the Cycle view in his mod.

Dear Braz,

how I can implement this view to the original skin?
Since I'm not a skinner, i have no idea Sad

Thanks
Attila
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin.arctic.zephyr.braz (updated for Krypton)5