m8 box and kodi problems
i have purchased a new m8 android box and having some issues when i go onto kodi and when i try and go on any video the box just resets and goes back to the home screen i cant even add a source to see if it needs updating as it just turns off again would appreciate any comments
This may be a repeat post but I can see the original one.

My m8 box is going into reset when viewing certain videos through Kodi. The videos run well on standard Ubuntu computers. Can somebody explain please?
Yep. Shitty box...
(2015-11-27, 13:45)Koying Wrote: Yep. Shitty box...

I am about to get a second one. Any suggestions?
Don't
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I had issues with my box, I just completely wiped it and took all the extra crap off of it, works like a charm now.
(2015-11-27, 17:50)Martijn Wrote: Don't

Sorry it is not enough to say "don't". Please indicate "which".

Anyway, yesterday I moved the actual video to the box and ran it with Movie Player. The video worked fine.
I tried to run it locally with Kodi 15.2 and the same problem appeared. Therefore, in this case the problem is not the M8.

Please note, I am not in any way trying to denigrate Kodi. I still think it is a wonderful piece of software which serves my needs 99% of the time.
The problem with these cheap ass M8 boxes and clones is the shitty Firmware that comes with them.

Then you get no support from the seller or manufacturer, so you really are on your own.
The Kodi devs. are sick to death of trying to diagnose problems with boxes such as these, so basically say just don't buy them.

Failure to even provide the basics such as a debug log or a Mediainfo printout of the problem file in question will see no help provided from anyone here.

(2015-11-28, 08:45)xuraax Wrote: [Sorry it is not enough to say "don't". Please indicate "which".

Further to what @wrxtasy, there are a bunch of good threads from people spending a lot of time testing and comparing the bazillions boxes on the market.
Attitude like "Do you think I have time to search for this info" (real, I've seen it) or "Oh, but there's a lot to read, I want a tl;dr" is not acceptable either
(2015-11-28, 10:41)Koying Wrote: Further to what @wrxtasy, there are a bunch of good threads from people spending a lot of time testing and comparing the bazillions boxes on the market.
Attitude like "Do you think I have time to search for this info" (real, I've seen it) or "Oh, but there's a lot to read, I want a tl;dr" is not acceptable either

I guess I won't even get directed to these good threads then. Well at least I learnt that when going for a new box, looking for a good CPU and a good GPU is not enough.

Thanks
(2015-11-28, 16:05)xuraax Wrote: I guess I won't even get directed to these good threads then.

My point, exactly Sad
Kodi does not and should not have to deal with device manufacturers shitty Firmware. Its completely impossible.

At this point in the thread we handball you over to here for all the Firmware support you could want:
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...tv-players

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
m8 box and kodi problems0