Controlling Openelec via Apple remote (sort of)
Pulling up an old thread. Did you test this again and did you get it to work without recording the signals?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Anyone had a chance to get an GPIO IR remote adapter to support with LE to control Kodi with an Apple Remote. I keep trying, but not successful.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
Let me include a log file from my Kodi install. Hope someone can have a look at it. Would be fantastic to get my applerremote to work. Thanks!

http://sprunge.us/NTeJ
I've been trying to get it to work for a few hours, digging through all sorts of posts everywhere. I can't figure it out. Nothing, not even MCE remotes, are working with my IR sensor with OpenELEC or LibreELEC since v6.
I have my Ir receiver working I just followed this guide. http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...O_Receiver
I've got my GPIO IR receiever working perfectly with my Apple remote on LE.

I had to change the way my buttons worked a little for OpenElec 6. This same change worked fine on LE.

I'll post up the files that I use for mine later on.
The approach referred by Av3nged is also working for me, but it does require me to "record" the keymap.

The Kodi wiki and some related posts state that recording buttons may no longer be required.

Anyone succeeded to get it working without recording? If not, this is probably the way to go.
If you have a lircd.conf file for your remote you do not need to record one just put it in the correct spot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Controlling Openelec via Apple remote (sort of)0