Alpha Javis Alpha 2 crashes on startup
Hi.

I've been running Jarvis Alpha 2 for some days and most of the times, it crashes just at startup. The screen becomes black, but just before the Kodi Jarvis logo appears, the screens becomes white and the message "Kodi is not responding: Close the program / Wait for the program to respond" appears.

I wait for some minutes, but I finally select "Close the program".

I'm attaching a couple of logs

Thanks!

kodi.log 1
kodi log 2
Could you try a nightly version? Might have been fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the quick response.

I have just installed Nightly September 15th, but 3 out of 6 times it crashed at startup.

Here, the debug log of the last crash.

Kodi log 16.0-ALPHA3 Git:20150915-4739825
No idea atm. Maybe some one else knows
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
What skin are you using? I had a similar issue whenever I restarted latest Jarvis using Arctic Zephyr skin. I simplified the startup.xml and now it boots fine. Haven't yet investigated what exactly is causing the issue though.
Confluence. Everything as default. I installed these Alphas in different folders and rum them in portable mode.
Mine was doing the same thing until I reverted to the latest monthly. I believe it had something to do with the Visual C++ redistributable.
Same to me. Using Win7 Jarvis + Aeon MQ 6.
black screen only with me and jarvis. Win7 + Aeon MQ 6. Tried fresh install and same problem with Confluence as default. Tried latest nightly as well, no go. Back to 15.2 and all is good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Javis Alpha 2 crashes on startup0