• 8(current)
Amazon Fire TV 2 (4K)
Hi ive tried to install Kodi v15.1 “Isengard” on fire tv 4k

but i got problems with buffering. on 7tv no video will play automaticly. i often got message cache full.
at least only checked the app 7TV?

could somebody give me an advice?

50mbit line wired connection
I am very disappointed in the Amazon fire TV 2 Angry. I cannot believe that Netflix doesn't even have 5.1 audio. I am going to return this and probably Carve out the extra hundred bucks for the Nvidia shield.
It's too bad as 4K implementation seems half-assed, Netflix 5.1 doesn't work and 4K is only for Amazon video and Netflix for now it appears. Also, I'm reading performance with the new quad-core chip is no better than gen1 box.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
seems to be tons of hate about multi channel audio. Probably deservedly so. It doesn't have optical out so... and it is only $100. If you are concerned about a $1000 audio system, don't get this product. It never made sense for that from the beginning
My x265 files seem to be fine and limelight game stream seem fine
My Kodi PVR playback needs more testing on a different screen but it seemed a little questionable compared to the PI
could care less about 4k....

Still awaiting some launcher news
Doesn't FTV gen1 do multi channel audio? Been ages since I tested connected to my AVR; using FTV directly connected to TV instead.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Anyone test to see if the USB port will recognize larger than 4GB (NTFS) external hard drives yet?
(2015-10-06, 22:01)Re-volution Wrote: I cannot believe that Netflix doesn't even have 5.1 audio. I am going to return this and probably..
there is a ticket Level 2 and I think it will be fixed asap..
Quote:They have an escalated ticket with engineers, they are aware and she said a note on the master ticket indicates that they are working with Dolby and hope to have it resolved by the end of the month.
(2015-10-06, 22:46)IITravel Wrote: Anyone test to see if the USB port will recognize larger than 4GB (NTFS) external hard drives yet?

Yep! http://www.aftvnews.com/2nd-gen-fire-tv-...r-microsd/
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-10-06, 22:15)jg1395 Wrote: seems to be tons of hate about multi channel audio. Probably deservedly so. It doesn't have optical out so... and it is only $100. If you are concerned about a $1000 audio system, don't get this product. It never made sense for that from the beginning
My x265 files seem to be fine and limelight game stream seem fine
My Kodi PVR playback needs more testing on a different screen but it seemed a little questionable compared to the PI
could care less about 4k....

Still awaiting some launcher news

I just want a small box that runs apps such as Netflix, Kodi & Amazon Vid in full HD and multi channel audio pass through . Is that too much to ask? If I could run Kodi on my PS4 all would be good in the world Big Grin
(2015-10-06, 22:51)omnium Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 22:01)Re-volution Wrote: I cannot believe that Netflix doesn't even have 5.1 audio. I am going to return this and probably..
there is a ticket Level 2 and I think it will be fixed asap..
Quote:They have an escalated ticket with engineers, they are aware and she said a note on the master ticket indicates that they are working with Dolby and hope to have it resolved by the end of the month.

Thanks for the update I sure appreciate that. Perhaps I will hold onto it a bit longer to see if the issue is resolved.
(2015-10-06, 22:53)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 22:46)IITravel Wrote: Anyone test to see if the USB port will recognize larger than 4GB (NTFS) external hard drives yet?

Yep! http://www.aftvnews.com/2nd-gen-fire-tv-...r-microsd/

Thanks for the link. But I'm now more confused. If you go to the amazon site for the new Fire TV 2 4k you'll see this listed as a feature "Now with 75% more processing power, a dedicated graphics engine, better Wi-Fi support, 2 GB of memory, 8 GB of storage and expandable storage of up to 128 GB" Isn't this referring to the micro SD slot (with a 128GB micro SD card installed)? How can a 128GB micro SD card work if it doesn't recognized anything other than FAT32?
Because the "expandable storage" is maily for apps, and apps aren't (at least not yet) for the AFTV going to be over 4GB.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi,
I was also really looking forward to the new Amazon Fire TV 2, and I'm satisfied with the quickness of the UI and the Amazon Prime App (compared to the old Fire TV Stick) however when it comes to KODI there is a lot to improve. I mostly play files from a Synology NAS via NFS. Neither 15.2 RC3 or 16 A3 seem to passthrough audio correct. I only get noise on my yamaha receiver, with various file types. Everything works fine with the old Fire TV Stick.
Also the new one stutters while playing basic 1080p files (even though I'm now on a wired connection and not WIFI as on the Fire TV Stick) and it seems not to buffer correctly. I changed the buffer settings with adbfire but it didn't really change anything. Again, the same file played fine on the old Fire TV Stick.
Generally I like the Alexa feature and if you only want to use this to stream content from Amazon Prime and Netflix I suppose it's more future proof and has a zappier UI than the older Fire Devices. KODI wise I'm pretty dissapointed as of now and I'm hoping for some improvements down the line but I'll also check out the Nvidia Shield TV (missing a dedicated Amazon Prime App unfortunetly) and then decide which of the two players I prefer.
I take it that the new box still does not do 24p?
I tested kodi-15.1.1-Isengard-armeabi-v7a.apk with FTV 2(4K).

The 4K HEVC libde265.org test files are playing nicely. 4K @60Hz test movie bbb-3840x2160-cfg02.mkv drops some frames. The reason could be the frame rate and bit rate that is about twice as high as the other HEVC test files. I also tested other 4K HEVC files which played well on the FTV2. However,

Kodi downscales 4K to 1K HD 1080p
--------------------------------------------
Kodi downscaled the 4K UHD (2160p) movies to 1080p resolution. I did not find out yet how to change the maximum resolution from 1K to 4K. Maybe the user interface lock the resolution to HD yet.

Any ideas how to fix the video output from 1K to 4K?

Files from libde265.org tested:

All 1K HEVC plays well.

4K UHD:
CostaRica-4K-cfg02.mkv - perfect
tos-4096x1720-tiles.mkv - perfect (Tiles encoding)
tos-4096x1720-wpp.mkv - perfect (WPP encoding)

tos-4096x1720-wpp.mkv - frame drop as this HEVC movie is 60HZ 4K UHD

(2015-10-06, 06:46)tomvs123 Wrote: ADDED: [/b]
4k HEVC 60fps - http://www.libde265.org/hevc-bitstreams/...-cfg02.mkv
Old FTV: barely plays
New FTV: About 80% there. Loses lots of frames, not watchable

Annoying delay when rewinding 6 seconds back?
When I press back, it goes back 10 seconds. It takes about 1.5 seconds to do it. The new and old FTV are the same in this respect.

24fps compatibility? Probably not. I watched a few things with panning scenes and I could see some judder. I don't know how to definitively test for 24fps compatibility though..
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV 2 (4K)1