[LINUX] Logitech Harmony Ultimate on Linux Bluetooth + Support for Bluez 5
(2016-08-30, 06:24)suanccd Wrote:
(2016-08-26, 21:13)Soli Wrote: You could try removing bluez, and building bluez4 manually. Please tell me how it goes. It's actually the only reason I'm still on 14.04. Then again 14.04 should be supported at least until 18.04 lands so I might as well wait for that instead.

Thanks. I just went back to 14.04.

got it working
(2016-09-11, 11:19)IIIdefconIII Wrote: got it working guys! on bluez 5

Hi mate, on 16.04? Toying with having another shot at getting this to work, any pointers?
Don't worry about it if it will take you a while to post, you've contributed enough help already and appreciate that! Smile
Quote:on 16.04 yes the connection is good just need to find out how to configure the keymaps. Maybe we need lirc

For the connection of Bluetooth there is an file in bluez package calls sixasix.c her we fake our harmony device and compile it with plugins enabled from there I nred to find out how the keys are coming in
(2016-09-16, 01:07)IIIdefconIII Wrote: please see post 2# for connect to ubuntu 16 a.k.a bluez 5

Did you have to patch the source code? I was able to connect/pair also using bluetoothctl under 16.04, but can't see any keystrokes.
(2016-09-16, 05:17)suanccd Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 01:07)IIIdefconIII Wrote: please see post 2# for connect to ubuntu 16 a.k.a bluez 5

Did you have to patch the source code? I was able to connect/pair also using bluetoothctl under 16.04, but can't see any keystrokes.

No i didnt have to patch anything at all, please retry post 2 step by step.
i added the step trust mac adress
just searching the forums for my problem and stumbled on this thread. I am running LibrElec on a chromebox and just upgraded it to Krypton. I have been using my harmony remote for years flawlessly over bluetooth. now, after the upgrade this thing will not connect over bt no mater what i try. i realize this is a linux thread but anyone have any ideas? i used this thing for years now no matter what i try it won't connect i get errors of "did not receive a reply"
(2016-09-22, 09:49)knives of ice Wrote: just searching the forums for my problem and stumbled on this thread. I am running LibrElec on a chromebox and just upgraded it to Krypton. I have been using my harmony remote for years flawlessly over bluetooth. now, after the upgrade this thing will not connect over bt no mater what i try. i realize this is a linux thread but anyone have any ideas? i used this thing for years now no matter what i try it won't connect i get errors of "did not receive a reply"

Did you installed bluez? I mean chrome box runs linux right?
Could you tell me a bit more about what ypu alreafy tried and did you tried the second post?
I used the same method as post 2 to connect my Harmony Control via bluetooth in Mythbuntu 14.04.

The main issue I have is that all the playback keys don't do anything (play, pause, stop etc).

It's all working OK as there are plenty of keys that I was able to remap in the keyboard.xml file, but it would be more straight forward if the default keys had worked.

I checked in the keyboard shortcuts and there's nothing that seems to conflict and evtest doesn't respond when I press them.

So my question is, do these keys work for others and if so, are you on 14.04 or 16.04?

Thanks
Ben
(2016-10-24, 15:58)BenH Wrote: I used the same method as post 2 to connect my Harmony Control via bluetooth in Mythbuntu 14.04.

The main issue I have is that all the playback keys don't do anything (play, pause, stop etc).

It's all working OK as there are plenty of keys that I was able to remap in the keyboard.xml file, but it would be more straight forward if the default keys had worked.

I checked in the keyboard shortcuts and there's nothing that seems to conflict and evtest doesn't respond when I press them.

So my question is, do these keys work for others and if so, are you on 14.04 or 16.04?

Thanks
Ben

they do work, you just need to remove the default shortucuts in ubuntu keyboard settings:
Did you put them as disabled?

here my guide:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239190
(2016-10-24, 16:34)IIIdefconIII Wrote: they do work, you just need to remove the default shortucuts in ubuntu keyboard settings:
Did you put them as disabled?

here my guide:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239190

Thanks for confirming they work for you. I did check your guide, but in my installation there were only a few keyboard shortcuts and none seemed to relate to media keys. I'm running Mythbuntu 14.04, which uses xfce. I might try Mythbuntu 16.04 and see if that works better.

Thanks
Ben
OK, tried a live CD of Mythbuntu 16.04 and the playback keys were detected.

Uograded kernel and all packages on 14.04, but still no joy. Oh well, I have a workaround and I know it will work when I upgrade.

Thanks for your guide, it was very helpful.

Ben
(2016-10-25, 06:18)BenH Wrote: OK, tried a live CD of Mythbuntu 16.04 and the playback keys were detected.

Uograded kernel and all packages on 14.04, but still no joy. Oh well, I have a workaround and I know it will work when I upgrade.

Thanks for your guide, it was very helpful.

Ben

youre welcome ben!
Hi,

I’ve paired the harmony hub with my nuc (followed post 2) but how can i remap my remote? In remote app it doesn’t work.

Thanks
Sorry for grammatical errors, use an online translator
In the harmony app add some windows keys to the device like F3, F4 etc. then for kodi use this:

My keyboard.xml (/home/iiidefconiii/.kodi/userdata/keymaps)
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    <!-- Jixel Custom Keys -->
      <f3>ActivateWindow(Videos,TvShowTitles)</f3>
      <f5>RunAddon(scipt.globalsearch)</f5>
      <f6>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)</f6>
      <f7>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary,nfs://192.168.1.7/MediaLibrary/Music/,Return)</f7>
      <f8>RunAddon(plugin.audio.tuneinradio)</f8>
      <f9>RunAddon(plugin.video.youtube,Return)</f9>
      <f11>RunAddon(script.ipcam,Return)</f11>
      <f12>System.Exec(skype,Return)</f12>
      <!-- Unused keys: F1(L1), F2(L2), F3(L3), INSERT(Select) -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
  <FullscreenVideo>
      <keyboard>
      <g>showtime</g>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>
(2018-06-19, 08:47)IIIdefconIII Wrote: <f10>RunAddon(plugin.video.exodus,Return)</f10>
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Logitech Harmony Ultimate on Linux Bluetooth + Support for Bluez 50