Haswell DXVA2 on a system with discrete graphics?
I rebuilt my server/bedroom Kodi PC last week after the old mobo died, now it's a Haswell i5 4590 system. So I'm wondering, is it possible to access Haswell's HEVC DXVA2 decoding even if I also have a discrete Radeon HD 6850 card installed in the system as it's main graphics?
Why do you need the HD6850 at all? It only consumes power - kodi works fine with the i5's gpu.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-17, 17:16)fritsch Wrote: Why do you need the HD6850 at all? It only consumes power - kodi works fine with the i5's gpu.

The machine also runs Steam. Smile That Steam Laucher add-on is great, my Kodi machines are basically my favorite game console. :3
So, is the silence a 'Nope, not possible'?
Not easily possible without code modification and without additional cpu load. So: No.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-09-18, 07:24)fritsch Wrote: Not easily possible without code modification and without additional cpu load. So: No.

Yeeeeeah, not worth the effort when the CPU Can do HEVC 4K up to 30fps without hardware acceleration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Haswell DXVA2 on a system with discrete graphics?0