Install issue
Hi everybody,

I am trying to install EMM but I get "Error : There is an error in XML document (1.2)"....any idea what's wrong ? EMM is latest stable and OS is Win8.1 (fresh install)
(2015-09-17, 18:08)oggie62 Wrote: Hi everybody,

I am trying to install EMM but I get "Error : There is an error in XML document (1.2)"....any idea what's wrong ? EMM is latest stable and OS is Win8.1 (fresh install)

Latest stable?
(2015-09-17, 18:34)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 18:08)oggie62 Wrote: Hi everybody,

Latest stable?

The one available for download...not V1.4.....older one....I can't give you exact version number as it will not install. The install file is EmberSetup.exe, 239,616 bytes
You try to install a many years old version of the "original" Ember Media Manager. Please download the latest beta 1.4.x.
(2015-09-18, 20:31)DanCooper Wrote: You try to install a many years old version of the "original" Ember Media Manager. Please download the latest beta 1.4.x.

Thanks.....works fine....

While here, another question : with the old version, it created nfo flles and thumbnaits for each episode - I am sure this version can do it....but how ? Seems I am missing the option......which is it ? Thanks
Do you have tried to scrape the tv show?
Of course - the usual drill was to add the new episode of the tv show in the appropriate foder and then fire up ember and scrape....and......nothing Sad
(2015-09-19, 10:40)oggie62 Wrote: Of course - the usual drill was to add the new episode of the tv show in the appropriate foder and then fire up ember and scrape....and......nothing Sad

There is a bug in the latest version with season and episode scraping. You have to scrape the whole tv show one time, new episodes will be scraped automatically after DB update.
Normally one clicks on "update library" and Ember finds the episodes I added. A little window appears on the bottom right of the screen showing what Ember has found. Now nothing of the sort happens....have a sneaky feeling the regex is the problem. on the "old" EMM,it was like this :

My tv shows are : a main folder keeping all shows>a subfolder for each show>various subfolders for each season>each individual episode....format of episode is XX - title.mp4...where XX is episode number.

Now update library seems to be doing nothing Sad
Notifications for new episodes are disabled (to buggy with to many notifications).

We have removed to old regex system. No we use the same system like Kodi. Please check the rules for it in Kodi Wiki.

Source
------- TV Show 1
---------------- Season Folder
---------------------------- Episode sXXeXX - random.ext
------- TV Show 2
---------------- Episode sXXeXX - random.ext
My tv shows are set up as follows :

Source
------- TV Show 1
----------------------------XX - random.ext

This is a valid Kodi format according to the Wiki you sent :

Code:
\Season #\##
    Season [season#] at the end of the directory name, file name starts with [episode#]

<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
         <regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
     </tvshowmatching>

Example : \Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 3\01 - Occupation.avi (Season 3, Episode 1)

Naturally my advancedsettings.xml contains :

Code:
</tvshowmatching>

I tried putting this line in regex of EMM : "Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$" but didn't make any difference....what should it be ?
(2015-09-19, 23:15)oggie62 Wrote: My tv shows are set up as follows :

Source
------- TV Show 1
----------------------------XX - random.ext

This is a valid Kodi format according to the Wiki you sent :

Code:
\Season #\##
    Season [season#] at the end of the directory name, file name starts with [episode#]

</tvshowmatching>

Example : \Battlestar Galactica (2003)\Season 3\01 - Occupation.avi (Season 3, Episode 1)

Naturally my advancedsettings.xml contains :

Code:
</tvshowmatching>

I tried putting this line in regex of EMM : "Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$" but didn't make any difference....what should it be ?

I think you also have to escape the / for Ember. Try it with this one, that shoul be working:
Code:
Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\\/]*)$

It's important that you move your regex to the top of the list! Otherwise another regex do successsfully find only the episode number!

I always check rege on https://regex101.com/
Nope....unfortunately that regex doesn't work iether.....

But let's go back....the purpose of regex is to split and reassamble a string....right ? For example Dumbest.Stuff.on.Wheels.S02E03.HDTV.XviD-NMBSTV.avi would be a file as downloaded. Then I pass this through The Renamer and it becomes this : 03 - Smash Hits & Crashed Bits.avi. Then I put the file in "Season 2" folder. I keep the files in that order because I often burn the files (3 or 4 at a time) on DVD for my wife (she likes to keep things simple with a physical disc)

Which brings the question : as such I don't want regex to do anything to the file...I just want EMM to read the file as is...just want it to create nfo and thumbnail - makes sense ? I need nfo and thumb for Kodi
(2015-09-20, 23:24)oggie62 Wrote: Nope....unfortunately that regex doesn't work iether.....

But let's go back....the purpose of regex is to split and reassamble a string....right ? For example Dumbest.Stuff.on.Wheels.S02E03.HDTV.XviD-NMBSTV.avi would be a file as downloaded. Then I pass this through The Renamer and it becomes this : 03 - Smash Hits & Crashed Bits.avi. Then I put the file in "Season 2" folder. I keep the files in that order because I often burn the files (3 or 4 at a time) on DVD for my wife (she likes to keep things simple with a physical disc)

Which brings the question : as such I don't want regex to do anything to the file...I just want EMM to read the file as is...just want it to create nfo and thumbnail - makes sense ? I need nfo and thumb for Kodi

We need the regex to indentify the season and episode number. We can not scrape any information or image without these numbers.

Sorry, the regex i've give you works:

Code:
Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\\/]*)$

Click on "Edit" (wrong text, should be called "Add")

Move it to the top of the list and confirm the settings.

That are my test files:

and this is what Ember finds after DB update with the new regex:

As you can see, it works perfect.

Again, we have the same regex system for tv shows like Kodi. If it work in Kodi, it also do work in Ember. The only thing you have to pay attention is the escaping of special characters in Ember. But you can check your regex on https://regex101.com
Yes, you are right....EMM has to get show title, season and episode number and title from the filename....how can it possibly get this info from an episode number and title ? All my shows are in format XX - episodename.ext.

Then how is it possible that I have been using this format for years and the old version of EMM worked fine ? As a last resort, can I install an old version of EMM, otherwise I can't possibly rename all my tv shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install issue0