So my Internet went out now Kodi doesn't work?
Yes, Cox sucks balls and my Internet went out. However, this seems to preclude my Kodi remote from working at all? WTF? I tried both Kore and XBMC Remote and neither works when the Internet is down despite the fact that none of this requires Internet access.

Seriously?

Kore shows "connecting to "10.x.x.x" local IP address and never enters the interface. XBMC Remote shows "Unfortunately XMBC Remote has stopped working"... Great... Nice software you got there. :/
Is this a serious question?
There is something wrong with youre setup bro, dont blame others, working fine here without enthernet, maybe you have a shit router. Please go away with youre arrogance
(2015-09-18, 05:29)Turns Wrote: Yes, Cox sucks balls and my Internet went out. However, this seems to preclude my Kodi remote from working at all? WTF? I tried both Kore and XBMC Remote and neither works when the Internet is down despite the fact that none of this requires Internet access.

Seriously?

Kore shows "connecting to "10.x.x.x" local IP address and never enters the interface. XBMC Remote shows "Unfortunately XMBC Remote has stopped working"... Great... Nice software you got there. :/
2 complaints in 10 years' use - terrible.
Which Router?
Try the App Called Yatse, perfect app
I'll leave aside the responses you deservedly got for your original post... point made, I think.

You need to expand a bit on your setup. I suspect that your LAN is down in some capacity - perhaps your DHCP server is tied to the router, and the router is off air for some reason, for example. If your LAN is still fully functional then there's no reason why a WiFi-attached remote wouldn't still be able to talk to a LAN-attached HTPC; however, if your remote apps are on a 'phone which is tunnelling back to your LAN then no amount of yelling will create a path into your home if your Internet connection is down.

So, if you still have the problem, perhaps you can describe your setup a bit more (inc. whether other LAN devices can see each other or see your remote control systems/phones/tablets/whatever( and then folks can take a view on where the issue might be.
This thread fills me with some confidence and dread. On one side we have a post born of frustration and a poster who should have thought twice, and on the other we have the responses.

So, Im confident that if everyone showed such dedication to actual real life maybe the world would not be in such a mess. Dread that thought even if this falls under some justified vent for everyone’s clear frustration.

SO I decided to throw my log into the fire, sit around and tell some ghost stories instead.
@uNiversal - careful - you'll get cold - you know how many people turn up around here, expecting to join the party while not bringing any kind of log with them...
Well, usually they burn the witch then. If not the sheer amount of bodies will be enough to keep everyone warm.
(2015-09-18, 05:29)Turns Wrote: Yes, Cox sucks balls and my Internet went out. However, this seems to preclude my Kodi remote from working at all? WTF? I tried both Kore and XBMC Remote and neither works when the Internet is down despite the fact that none of this requires Internet access.

Seriously?

From your description, it sounds like 1 of two things could be happening:

1) (Most likely) Your internet didn't actually go out, merely your router just crashed. And from the IP you've given it sounds like you're using a belkin/d-link/off-brand chineese router with default firmware. What's happening here is that the remote is trying to connect to your kodi instance over wifi, but it's not responding... meantime Android's 'watchdog' is pinging the remote application which isn't responding because it's waiting for Kodi to connect, so Android then assumes the remote app has crashed. In this scenario I would recommend unplugging and plugging back in the router.

2) Your internet *did* go out, but somehow the router you're using gets into a real bad state when the WAN connection goes down (or it's simply been mis-configured), and the WLAN interface gets 'broken', in which case the same situation happens between Android and the Kodi remote app as above. In this scenario I would recommend either to get a new router (of reputable brand) or to look into flashing your current router with either dd-wrt or tomato.

Just my two cents Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So my Internet went out now Kodi doesn't work?0