v15 Switching to another screen during playback
Since the last kodi version (15) i'm running into a random problem during playback. As most of you guys know with linux you got multiple screen you can switch between. Now sometimes completely random, during the playback, it switches to the console (textual login). If this happens I hear the movie playback continue at the back but cant control it any longer with the webapi. I've already checked the log files but couldn't find anything regarding this.

When I reboot the system and go back to the exact point where it crashed the last time, nothing happens and playback resumes. Wondering if more people are experiencing this the same. Mostly because i've seen it in multiple other kodi versions (even from the days when it was still called xbmc).

I'll enable debug logging and see if I can find anything but so far i've never found anything in the logs about a crash so before I start the complete debug proces I was wondering if this sounds familiar to some of you?

Thanks for reading!
No problem for reading, but can you provide a Debug Log?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Sure. Please click the link below to download the debug log.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/94j8sc0cob99vkt/kodi.log?dl=0

Low in the 14:28 the crash happend (perhaps 14:28:13).
Tried to close it with an API call (14:30:34) but that didn't work.
When this didnt help i've closed it by killing the pid from the command line.

Be aware: with "Switching to another screen during playback" I mean the tty screens. Not physical screen.
no-one at all? Meanwhile i've had 3 others crashes just like this in the past couple of days.
You say crash: Can you please post your crashlog? It should be in your home directory. Make sure you have gdb installed before you crash it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Crash might not be the good word because I can hear the movie/tv serie continue in the background.
I need to kill the PID and restart kodi to gain control over it again.
Ah okay. That's most likely an xserver bug in combination with the drivers you are running. Not much we can do there, sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching to another screen during playback0