Req Set additional Language Settings in Addons by default to Kodi Language.
This Feature request is about reducing the configuration steps in Kodi.

The Idea is to stet the additional Language settings in Addons (Addon Languages) by default according to the language set under "appearance - International ("Kodi Language")

If I do a Fresh installation of Kodi i have to set not just "appearance - International - Language" i need also to go to every Addon which needs Language settings I use, and do some Language Settings there. For Example i have to set the Scrapers to search for descriptions in my given Language. I have to set the Subtitle Addon to search subtitles in the needed Language, and so on...

Did thught it would be cool if Kodi would do this Settings for me. So if i set for example German or French as "Kodi Language" (International - appearance) Kodi would set in the scrapers for example accordingly the "preffered Language" and the "Prefered certification Country" by Default. (according the given Kodi settings).

So this Way someone who set up Kodi for the first Time dont have to go to the different addons to have to do more Language settings.

The Idea is just to introduce a Setting "default" in these Addons, and still offer to choose other Country/Language related settings, for thows who like there discriptions, subtitles or whatever in a different Languaga as the one they setup there Kodi installation. (Or insted to introduce "default" to choose from, would also be cool Kodi would set these additional Language settings automaticly.)

(hope was able to descripe the Idea well enouth.)

Regards
Just like to bring this up again.

Maybe not as Important for English speaking people, but people with other native Language would imho. benefit from such a feature.
We're aware of the problem and discussed it several times. So far however no one has taken up the job yet.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
O.K. - Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Set additional Language Settings in Addons by default to Kodi Language.0