5.1 Sound not Working on SPDIF Passthrough in Isengard
Good Day Folks

I am running Kodi Isengard 15.1 on an android MBOX running android 4.4.2.

I recently upgraded from a WDTV Live player for more functionality, unfortunatly when I use SPDIF pass-through to my Yamaha Receiver the audio just plays as static. I can only get the audio to play in stereo.

The 5.1 works through android, it is only through KODI there is a problem.

I have set the channels to 2 as per the instructions at the bottom of the screen for SPDIF pass-through and have checked off both the Dolby Digital and Dolby DTS which my amp is specifically designed for.

I have also done thorough testing by using each combination of setting with a restart in between each change and no luck.

Any advise would be welcome, I went to this unit for better media management and I have an extensive action movie library, no 5.1 is going to suck.

Cheers,

Matthew
I noticed this got moved to the android section, I want to be clear the audio plays fine through android directly, it is only a problem in kodi.

Cheers,

Matthew
Does it work if you try with SPMC (wiki)?
I will try that tonight and let you know what happens.

Cheers,

Matthew
I loaded the other version and set up the library and audio and it does the same thing with dts audio on passthrough.

Cheers,

Matthew
Update, I made sure my amp was on straight audio and not a surround up mixer and the surrounding audio on the SPDIF does NOT work in Android either, so it must be an issue with the tronsmart mxiii plus.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Matthew
Matthew, have you had any luck with this? Like you, I just updated my WDTV to the Tronsmart MXIII+ and I'm also getting no 5.1 through SPDIF. I'm hoping you've made some progress on this since September! Smile
Same here. Upgraded xtreamer mk1 to MXIII and no luck... hen to Mini MX and no luck with DD 5.1.
It is working good with mxplayer, but mxplayer is not optimized for reading files on NAS or ftp server.... so i'm stuck with 2 useless boxes and my mk1 is still required !
Fred, i ended up looking for answered in the tronsmart forum here: http://forum.tronsmart.com/forum/tronsma...spdif#7241 Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 Sound not Working on SPDIF Passthrough in Isengard0