Creating custom icon colors
Hello all! First, let me say that this is probably THE most flexible, modern, and over all easiest skin to use. With that being said, I am fairly new to this (came from Plex) and I am running into some issues customizing it.

My first issue is changing the color of the icons. While I have figured out how to go about doing this, when I go to add a new custom color, I am asked to give it a name, then click done. There is no place, that I can see, to put in a color code or pick a color in another way. Assuming that it was my own lack of knowledge with how Kodi and Eminence function (still learning...), I found the default.xml and added the colors there. I followed the existing name scheme and format, added my colors, saved it, and opened Kodi.....Nothing. I reset all defaults and reloaded the skin....Nothing. Am I missing something? I tried adding custom icons, but they didn't look right because of the tile slant. All I want is to give my icons an appropriate color and look. i.e. Netflix white or red, YouTube white or red, Hulu green, Crackle orange, etc.

My second issue is related to my first. If I can't add/alter background colors appropriately.....or even if I can, is there a way to modify the tiles so they're not slanted and therefor icons won't look out of place if I choose to use them?

Lastly, I do apologize if this information has been posted on the forums already. I have done my due diligence and searched through threads on and off the past few days.

Thanks in advance!! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating custom icon colors1