Release Image Resource selection script
Thanks for the reply. I have made a wrong.
There is a problem with latest Kodi 18 nightly build. Addon have stopped to work :

Code:
01:46:31.602 T:123145513705472   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: not all arguments converted during string formatting
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.image.resource.select/default.py", line 103, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.image.resource.select/default.py", line 23, in __init__
                                                self._select(ITEMS, TYPE, PROP)
                                              File "/Users/Cyril/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/script.image.resource.select/default.py", line 77, in _select
                                                num = xbmcgui.Dialog().select(xbmc.getLocalizedString(20464) % xbmc.getLocalizedString(536), addonlist, useDetails=True)
                                            TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
 Estuary MOD V2 
thanx for the heads-up!
recent kodi changes indeed broke the addon.
i'll submit a fixed version to the addon repo.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It would be helpful for users, if the ressoureces could be filtered
e.g: When a user wants to select "Movie genres fanart" then only ressources (zips) which are providing "Movie genres fanart" should be displayed and the user can select only from them ...
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
well, that's exactly what the addon does.
(see first post)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ronie thank you! This is exactly what i been looking for!
One issue i have is i want to display the current weather icons by using $INFO[Weather.fanartcode]
It's work fine when there are actual images files in the resources folder but when using InstallAddon / Your script it's pack them up as textures.xbt and therefore it's not working.
In order to get around the whole "no skin settings in containers" issue, what if you used the selection script to actually create a generic image add-on?

So when the user selects resource.images.languageflags.colour, that the script creates a "resource.images.languageflags.dynamic" folder and puts the contents of the selected image resource into it.

This would allow us to hardcode an image resource into container objects, but also allow the contents of that hard-coded resource to be changed.

This would all be unnecessary if we could simply use a skin setting variable in a container. Or did someone else come up with a way to do it by now.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hello.

I want to specify in my skin via <onload> (only on first startup) that a specific weatherIcon package is used.
I can via RunScript(script.image.resource.select,property=weathericons&amp;type=resource.images.weathericons) open the dialog box, but I want to prevent the window from opening and select a specific addon.

How can I realize this? 
Thanks a lot

P.S.: I use Kodi 19

Edit: I was able to figure it out. It's quite simple via Skin.SetString()
Has anyone been able to get the "Get more..." item to work on Matrix? Is it known to be broken, or am I doing something wrong?
you're doing something wrong ;-p
A weird thing happens for me on Matrix: I can't install several skins because this addon can't be installed with the following error:

Code:
The dependency on script.image.resource.select version 0.1.1 could not be satisfied

Kodi info:
bash:

➜  ~ kodi --version
19.3 (19.3.0) Git:20211203-nogitfound Media Center Kodi
Copyright © 2005-2021 Team Kodi - http://kodi.tv
OS version:
bash:
➜  ~ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=ManjaroLinux
DISTRIB_RELEASE=21.2.1
DISTRIB_CODENAME=Qonos
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Manjaro Linux"
Python version:
Code:
➜  ~ python -V
Python 3.10.1
list of my addons
no idea what the issue could be, i'm using manjaro linux as well without any problem.

perhaps a Debug Log would provide some relevant info...
Excuse me, I should have understood this myself. Here it is: https://paste.ofcode.org/imtjWt3HzNXC5dXYyRmXUj
thanx for the log, i had a look but i can't spot anything which would explain the issue.

to get around the problem, i would suggest to install th addon manually.
script.image.resource.select-3.0.2.zip
Somehow it helped! Still, a mystery for me why didn't it work.

Anyways, thank you for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Image Resource selection script0