Release Image Resource selection script
Not shure where else to post this. So i give it a try here.

"Single" Weatherfanart Imagepacks ("single" and "faded") have the wrong struckture. (Missing Folders)

Instead of having Folders as suggestet they name the Images according to the Condition Numbers, which is imo. wrong. (This way it isnt possible to use them if choosen with the selector.)

Regards
you should be able to use the 'xxx.multi' skin setting to find out if the resource addon has folders or not.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, seems i miss that.

However, would prefere if all Weather Fanart packs would follow the same rules.

I think / from my point of view, the Folder Restriction was usefull. (And shuld be kept, as long as i dont miss any benefit by dropping this restriction.)
the way it is now, it feels just kinde of "Hacky" to have to use 2 controls or a Variable, to display Weather Fanart. However, happy there is a Workaround, just wondering if this is realy needed.?.-.)

The Weatherfanart-pack "Prairie" shows that it also work if there is just a single Image in each Folder.

So i would suggest to keep the "Folder" restriction, no mather if for a single Image according to the prediction or a Imgae set.

pls. Dont get me wrong, im glad there is a workaround, all i ask myself is, is this realy needed, and shuldn't weather fanart packs follow the same rules / restriction as in the past to allow ease of use.-.

Regards.
there is one more thing I would like to address that concerns the new resource addon type. The textures/images included in the different addons are often in different formats.
Same type of resource (i.e. movie genre) can be stored as jpg or as png. For the skinner there is no chance to offer the end user a way to use all the goodies the new addon type offers.

Maybe there should be a strict rule for the format each type of resource can have or maybe the addon by itself could offer a property that can be used by skinners to determine what format is included?
(2016-01-20, 20:04)paradix Wrote: there is one more thing I would like to address that concerns the new resource addon type. The textures/images included in the different addons are often in different formats.
Same type of resource (i.e. movie genre) can be stored as jpg or as png. For the skinner there is no chance to offer the end user a way to use all the goodies the new addon type offers.

Maybe there should be a strict rule for the format each type of resource can have or maybe the addon by itself could offer a property that can be used by skinners to determine what format is included?

Yeah, there's a lot of things to take into account with the resource add-ons.

It's hacky, but I did a variable taking care of your mentioned issue with movie genres. A property would be appreciated though.
currently there isn't a way for the selection script to know which image format (png/jpg/gif) is provided by the resource addon.
it would require a change in the addon.xml of each resource addon to include this info.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
i've updated all image resource addons and the image resource selection script.

the script (v0.0.9) will now also set the the 'xxx.ext' skin setting.
this setting will return the extension ('.png' or '.jpg') of the images inside the resource addon.
(2016-01-26, 23:08)ronie Wrote: i've updated all image resource addons and the image resource selection script.

the script (v0.0.9) will now also set the the 'xxx.ext' skin setting.
this setting will return the extension ('.png' or '.jpg') of the images inside the resource addon.

Amazing!

Greeeeeeeeeat work Wink
great work ronie. Thnx for the quick fix.
two more things I noticed:
- resource.images.weathericons.default lack the info.xml file
- maybe the OutlookIcon property should return a value without the extension?
(2016-01-28, 10:12)paradix Wrote: two more things I noticed:
- resource.images.weathericons.default lack the info.xml file
yup, i'm aware. i've added a fallback in the selection script to return 'ext=.png' and 'multi=false' in case there's no index file.

(2016-01-28, 10:12)paradix Wrote: - maybe the OutlookIcon property should return a value without the extension?
maybe it should, but as long as there's no weather icon pack that contains jpegs, it shouldn't be a problem.
it's something to keep in mind though, perhaps one day i'll change it.

you could use the FanartCode property instead.
(2016-01-28, 11:50)ronie Wrote: you could use the FanartCode property instead.

Yep, I know. Just wanted to mention in case someone wonders Smile Thnx again.
Is there some sort of list of resource image types, or is every skin (and image pack dev) on its own in defining these?

So far I am looking at
moviegenreicons
musicgenreicons
studios (I guess not studioicons?)

just by installing the addons and inspecting.

scott s.
nope, there's no such list.

though all image packs of the same type are expected to use the same type name ofc.

if you submit a new resource addon to the repo that doesn't fit in any of the existing types,
you can pick a new type name. just use something that's descriptive of the contents.
Thanks. New Q:

I am working on DialogSelect. I need to know that Image Resource Selection loaded it so I can set visibility on the listitems. I saw that ListItem.Property(extension) was being set, and that worked except for the "null" first listitem. could you set the extension property on that one too (I hacked using 'null' literal in case there was a reason to check the actual extension in the property). Also, could you consider creating/passing ListItem.Property(author) as well?

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Image Resource selection script0