Jukebox mode / Party mode (library playlist)
for some reason it seems videoclips LOOP now.

example:

A single avi 'restarts' when it reaches the end.

Related ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Not sure but its possible the Repeat code got screwed up. I presume you dont have Repeat enabled?

What happens with two video files?
What about a single music file?

I can test in a few hours.

** edit **
Sorry Pike but I cant reproduce your problem. Videos are not looping for me.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Just a heads up:

If shuffle is enabled, and you go into a folder and click (select) a particular item, that item won't start (another one in the folder will). Ideally, it would shuffle but start playback from the particular item selected.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks. Its a side-effect of the music "Auto Play Next Item" option which automatically queues up the entire folder when just a single item is selected. I'll correct that shortly so that the selected item is the first item in the playlist, and the rest of the items in the folder are added behind it in a shuffled order.
kraqh3d Wrote:Not sure but its possible the Repeat code got screwed up. I presume you dont have Repeat enabled?
Affirmative ..The builtin PlayerControl(Repeat) is b0rked, on works/off not Rolleyes
I'll map the control later today and test it. Just remembert that Repeat is not a simple on/off toggle. It cycles thru Off -> All -> One and always has. I have to look back at the code to be certain but I think there's also direct player controls of RepeatOff, RepeatAll, and RepeatOne.

** edit **
If anyone can test this in the meantime, please report. I wont be home for a while.

** edit 2 **
I just tested and cant anything wrong with repeat. It works as it should. It cycles through the options as I described, and each type works correctly.
The "Auto Play Next Item" problem is corrected. When shuffle is enabled, the entire folder is queued, shuffled, the "selected" item is placed at the top, and playback starts from the top item. (If shuffle is not enabled, the entire folder is queued, the "selected" item remains where it is, and playback starts from that item.)

I also corrected a problem where the current playing item wasnt being highlighted.
Just a heads up that I'm changing the whole way the "current playing item" is highlighted. It's going to be handled within the new listcode (which makes things way easier on us!)

It kinda negates your last changes, but I didn't realise you were working on it.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thats fine. I wasnt really sure if I broke the highlighting or not. But since it was bugging me, I fixed it Smile

Question... any chance of multiple selection colors or types so that the currently playing item could be highlighted differently than the item selected when the context menu is invoked?
In time, sure. There's a visibility condition (LISTITEM_ISPLAYING) that will be used for that (eg show a little play icon + maybe some other stuff).

The listitem layout stuff currently can't handle vis conditions at present, however.

Cheers
Jonathan

Anytime I back out of a python script using the back button on the controller things lock up.

Code:
05:10:08 M: 54239232  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
05:10:08 M: 54218752  NOTICE: Starting XBoxMediaCenter.  Built on Dec  3 2006
05:10:08 M: 54218752  NOTICE: Q is mapped to: Harddisk0\Partition1\dashboard
05:10:08 M: 54218752  NOTICE: Log File is located: Q:\xbmc.log
05:10:08 M: 54218752  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
05:10:08 M: 54218752  NOTICE: Setup DirectX
05:10:08 M: 54190080  NOTICE: load settings...
05:10:08 M: 54190080  NOTICE: loading T:\guisettings.xml
05:10:08 M: 54063104  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
05:10:08 M: 54063104  NOTICE: Checking resolution 4
05:10:08 M: 54063104  NOTICE: Per AV pack settings are on
05:10:08 M: 54063104  NOTICE: Standard found : loading T:\avpacksettings.xml
05:10:08 M: 54050816  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
05:10:08 M: 54030336  NOTICE: Checking resolution 4
05:10:08 M: 54145024  NOTICE: q:\userdata\sources.xml
05:10:09 M: 49139712   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window myvideotitles
05:10:09 M: 49225728  NOTICE: Checking the Date!
05:10:09 M: 49225728  NOTICE: start dvd mediatype detection
05:10:09 M: 48701440  NOTICE: initializing playlistplayer
05:10:09 M: 48701440  NOTICE: DONE initializing playlistplayer
05:10:09 M: 48701440  NOTICE: load default skin:[Project Mayhem III]
05:10:09 M: 46702592 WARNING: use dashboard
05:10:09 M: 46702592  NOTICE: initialize done
05:10:09 M: 46702592  NOTICE: Running the application...
05:10:12 M: 41005056  NOTICE: XBFileZilla: Starting...
05:10:13 M: 33554432  NOTICE: XBFileZilla: Started
05:10:33 M: 37900288   ERROR: CThread::staticThread : Division by zero (code:0xc0000094) at 0x00258697
how exactly do you think this is related to the playlist changes? and if you post a log, be sure to post a debug log.
I would love to see this feature too. I would like to at least fill my screen with qued music (I am running at 1080i and have room for at least 4 more songs)
And a "randomize" or "shuffle" mode? Just start to play songs in a random style, without playlist: play a song, end the song, select random another song and play it, no more. Is this option implemented? I don't see anymore that "Party Mode" that is just a random generated playlist...
Sorry buddy, I have no idea what you're getting at. PartyMode is a continually running randomly generated playlist. That's the whole point of it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jukebox mode / Party mode (library playlist)0