OS X Problem with kodi & firewall
(2016-03-05, 10:09)Memphiz Wrote: The Problem was not due to changed Files in the app bundle Last time ...

Hi Memphiz,

Happy to defer to your greater knowledge.

I used the term ""app" directories" as I don't know the right terminology. I still think there may be files outside the app that are sometimes changing that Gatekeeper checks which then causes the software to appear as new (which then triggers the repeated firewall nag) ..

See https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/...1-TNTAG207

From above:

Quote:Beginning with OS X v10.10.4, Gatekeeper verifies libraries loaded from outside an application bundle.

If an app uses @rpath or an absolute path to link to a dynamic library outside of the app, the app will be rejected by Gatekeeper. This restriction applies to the app’s main executable and any other executable in the bundle, including libraries. This restriction applies even if the path does not exist (and normally causes the dynamic linker to fall back to a library inside the bundle).

If Gatekeeper rejects launching an app for this reason, the system log will note Fails dylib check, like this:

7/8/15 4:00:19.942 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[5940]: File /Applications/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp failed on loadCmd /foo/libLibrary.dylib

7/8/15 4:00:19.942 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[5940]: Fails dylib check

This means that MyApp.app links against /foo/libLibrary.dylib. /foo is not a standard location for libraries on OS X, so the linkage isn’t allowed.

Neither the codesign nor the spctl tool will show the error. The error will only appear in the system log.

This check is performed the first time the app is run. It does not apply to libraries the app loads itself using the dlopen function. It also does not apply to libraries loaded from paths where libraries are expected to reside, such as /System, /Library, and /usr/.

To see which libraries an app references, use the command otool -L MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp.

To test Gatekeeper conformance, you must use OS X v10.9.5 or later. Follow these steps:

Download it from its website, or mail it to yourself, or send it to yourself using AirDrop or Message. This will quarantine the downloaded copy. This is necessary to trigger the Gatekeeper check as Gatekeeper only checks quarantined files the first time they're opened.

Hint: keep the downloaded .dmg around; it will stay quarantined and you can use it again and again to test.

Drag-install your app and launch it.

Observe the results.

Hint: Don't launch from inside the .dmg.

This command:

$ codesign --verify --deep --verbose=2 Foo.app

mimics what Gatekeeper does to check your app.

In terms of replicating - we need two or three people on same O/S later than or equal to 10.10.4 who test a vanilla clean install of Kodi with firewall .. I will try it in the next few days on El Cap.
well this article describes what to look for in the logs - whoever can reproduce the problem should find the reason in the system log and post it here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am unable to replicate the problem with 16.1 rc1 .. (coincidentally I do see it with another app I run)
Command not found, when I try this in Terminal --force --sign - /Applications/Kodi.app/ , what's the good right path for 10.11.4?
Well not what you posted obviously (missing the codesign command in Front of the Parameters??)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok, so what's the right path?
well based on what you posted you are missing the word "codesign" at the start of the command you typed in terminal
So what is the correct path with codesign in it?
the command from this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2261123 (which is the 14th post of this very thread

starting from "sudo" and ending with "Kodi.app" - not sure how more i can spoon feed this really.
Ok, but I can't use a password, there is a key picture and can't type a password.
just enter your users password (it will not show that you type anything - this is normal) - or try the command without the "sudo" in front...
Looks like it works! Don't get a message for a password when I just try it again, only a message like replace..etc. etc, don't exactly what. The first time I allow the firewall, after a restart of the app the firewall remember my 'allow'. Hope this continues for next times. Thanks for the help.
Be good for someone who has the problem to look in the system log for errors .. That way devs may be able to fix the cause

Quote:If Gatekeeper rejects launching an app for this reason, the system log will note Fails dylib check, like this:

7/8/15 4:00:19.942 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[5940]: File /Applications/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp failed on loadCmd /foo/libLibrary.dylib

7/8/15 4:00:19.942 PM CoreServicesUIAgent[5940]: Fails dylib check

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with kodi & firewall0