• 16(current)
[OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback.
XBMC 2007-04-24

MKV files with Audio Nero Digital MPEG-4 AAC HE, 65 kbps, 44100 Hz :

- Video x264 with Cabac and Deblocking, resolution 704x400 --> All OK

- Video x264 with Cabac and Deblocking, resolution 720x576 --> sometimes little freezings of image (sound well)

PD: All videos are PAL (25 frames per second)

PD: I belive that the muxed tool employed is important in the result...

Sorry for my bad english to everybody Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Eagle:
Nothing went wron during that play asfar as I can see. What happened?

Plugh:
I dislike adding extra stuff like that. But i'll have a look at it again. Maybe..
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Elupus the file doesnt even play really, its the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Some of the mp4 files work, but I believe there is something embedded in the files that you dont have yet. Here is a link to the information of the episodes im watching so far only the new releases work on xbmc but some of the older mp4 files are wacked.

http://kaizoku-fansubs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=49

The only way I can describe the video playback is..It starts to play fine then it gets slow and choopy you still hear the audio, but it goes in and out, The video playback barely moves. at some points the video will completely freeze and the audio goes in and out real fast. Its unwatchable.

Another error with the playback is that the episodes are over 24 minutes but xbmc center only displays 28 seconds, so you cant move the video timeline anywhere.
I have tested all these video files on my computer, so it is xbmc.
Eagle7894 Wrote:Elupus the file doesnt even play really, its the weirdest thing I have ever seen. Some of the mp4 files work, but I believe there is something embedded in the files that you dont have yet. Here is a link to the information of the episodes im watching so far only the new releases work on xbmc but some of the older mp4 files are wacked.

http://kaizoku-fansubs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=49

The only way I can describe the video playback is..It starts to play fine then it gets slow and choopy you still hear the audio, but it goes in and out, The video playback barely moves. at some points the video will completely freeze and the audio goes in and out real fast. Its unwatchable.

Another error with the playback is that the episodes are over 24 minutes but xbmc center only displays 28 seconds, so you cant move the video timeline anywhere.
I have tested all these video files on my computer, so it is xbmc.

I get the same thing with my x264 videos. This almost always forces me to encode to xvid. Maybe x264 with 640x480 is just too much to ask out of the Xbox.

Unless my builds just aren't as fast as yours are (although I think the same problem happens with yours too.)
640x480 could definatly be too much for the xbox if you use cabac and such.. it should still display the proper length.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

cabac?

Can this error be fixed, because I just updated my mplayer with your new one but for some strange reason I had to use your new one with wizboy's codec in order to see a change.

When I updated both more than half of my .mp4 files worked and strangly some where still halted.

So if you could fix that, could the rest be fixed.?
I don't think i understand you, but no i very much doubt thouse files can be "fixed", there is nothing wrong with the decoder, the xbox is just too slow.

sure there might be minor things that can be optimized further, but that is nothing I can do. that will be up to the good people at mplayerhq, as my knowledge in that area is limited.

More tests:

XBMC 2007-04-24

MKV files with Audio Nero Digital MPEG-4 AAC HE, 65 kbps, 44100 Hz :

- Video x264 with Cabac and Deblocking, resolution 704x400 --> All OK

- Video x264 with Cabac and Deblocking, resolution 720x576 --> sometimes little freezings of image (sound ok)

- Video x264 with Cabac and Deblocking, resolution 640x480 --> All OK

- Video x264 with Cabac and Deblocking, resolution 800x600 --> Horrible!!! Continous freezings of image (sound ok)

PD: All videos are PAL (25 frames per second)

To summarize ---> GOOD JOB !!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!! Laugh

I never didn't think view support for x264 in XBMC... good job! Nod
Hey Mariano are whoever knows...where are you getting those latest xbmc builds for tests? you posted your message as april the 24, but the latest build is from the 20th by T3CH?
Thanks
Eagle7894 Wrote:Hey Mariano are whoever knows...where are you getting those latest xbmc builds for tests? you posted your message as april the 24, but the latest build is from the 20th by T3CH?
Thanks

He probably does his own builds.
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...ds_of_XBMC
I highly recommend apprehending the tools needed and building your own. If for whatever reason you cannot build your own, your best bet is to look elsewhere for more recent builds by someone else. But you do run that risk of getting a virus from someone less trustworthy than T3CH.

On a more relevant note, I have encountered some skipping while switching views. I deleted guisettings.xml in my UserData folder and it seems to be working fine. I don't know if this is a priority issue between the GUI and mplayer. I can tell you that I am using the Linksbrowser branch and I know that it isn't 100% synced with the trunk so this issue may not even exist.
Lightbulb 
Semi-OffTopic: XBMC play videos better if it is compiled with Intel C++ Compiler ?
yes, but probably not by much. everything intensive is assembly optimized. biggest issue thou is that neither ffmpeg nor mplayer can be compiled with the intel compiler :/

Mariano, You should'nt use Cabac + In-Loop with aac audio, that's insane. Cabac requires a lot of cpu to decode. In-Loop requires a lot of cpu to decode. AAC requires a lot of cpu to decode. See a pattern? We've discussed this matter and came up with profiles for xbmc over at doom9.
Link
lana lang
that site looks interesting does anybody know how you add the profiles that are listed from that link?
Eagle7894 Wrote:that site looks interesting does anybody know how you add the profiles that are listed from that link?

The profiles are for use with megui. Grab it alongside the latest x264 compiles by akupenguin here
lana lang
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback.0