Hardware that just works?
Excuse me for bumping this thread - but seams apropriate due to my question.

My media setup is due for an update and the old setup was never embraced by the rest of the family (MacMini + HDHomerun + eyeTV etc.). I have my media stored on a Synology 211+. The Mac is from 2010 and can't play back 2 HD channels simultainiously. I will recieve live TV with DVB-C. I'll have 2 TV-sets (wil probably be extended to 3 or 4 TV-sets in a few gears). I'd like to be able to watch / record at least 4 x HD TV chanels simultaniusly. My thoughts so far...

I'll use a RPi2 as front end at each TV running Kodi on openELEC and with mythTV plugin. I'll use my NAS as Storage for recordings. I'll use HDHomerun as tuner. My NAS isn't powerfull enogh to de the recording so I'll need a PVR as backend which will use the NAS as storage. I'd also like to upgrade my PC which iI use for photo-editing - which limits the OS to either OS X or Windows. I'm considering weather I could combind the PVR and PC or If I would be better of with a dedicated PVR only running Ubuntu and mythTV. I have no idea as to how much power I need for the PVR, but I've considered the latest announced NUC6i5 for the combined sollution. Whats your advice for best set up / combo? Whats your advice for PVR / would the NUC5PPYH be OK as PVR?

As alternative I've considered a NUC at each TV-set. But how powerful shoul it bee if I'd like to be able to watch and record 2-3 TV chanels?

Any advice is appriciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware that just works?0