Release Video Addon for TCM
(2015-12-17, 18:49)learningit Wrote: It looks like the TCM addon is broken and will remain that way. I'll monitor for a while before marking as broken in the repo.

Darn, darn, darn... :-(

The good news is- it isn't just me.

I really, really tried to capture the debugging log, I just couldn't do it fast enough to get a file of a postable size. And I never knew plain text files could get that big... :-O

The bad news is, it's broken, and that makes me sad. It's a great addon.

I hope at some point it can be fixed. :-)

Thank you, it was nice while it lasted. :-)
Have been reading the conversations. I too put the TCM addon just last week and was able to watch one movie and the next time I tried to que up a movie I got an error message just like the guy said. I am so new to Kodi and am NOT very tech savvy. So I will be looking to this blog and other sites for direction and information. Thanks
Man I'm a day late... I can't even find the addon but will keep checking back.
The TCM addon no longer functions and has been marked as broken in the repo. It will be removed altogether in a month or two.
learningit:

Thank you for your time and effort on this addon.

I am new to kodi about a month now. Most of my free time was trying to get TCM working with a kodi install on Mint. It would work from live kodibuntu but not installed. Also worked on android though neither works now.

Sounds like you are done with this project, sorry to see that. This was a really cool addon for me and others.

Take care and thank you again.
When I saw the addon, I just had to have it. I was able to watch a few movies on it. Overall quality was good, some were excellent - considering that these are old movies. I was disappointed when it started to fail, then found out that it's broken.

Great work learningit - for some time there, you made fans of classic movies happy. Sad to see the addon broken, but it is what it is.

All the best to you and thanks.
Ditto to what all the other posters said. It was an awesome addon while it lasted and we got a lot of enjoyment from it.

Thanks for keeping it going while you could. :-)
Unfortunately, I don't think this add-on will ever recover because the new videos are protected with DRM. It is not legal to remove DRM.
So, no more TCM? I had thought they provided the addon themselves. I went through all of this, added your repo and no TCM addon.

You would not by any chance know of another addon that has similar content? I was very dissapointed when this addon went down, I love TCM but I like to choose what I'm gonna watch.

This whole thing about adding repos baffles me, I've only been using Kodi for a year or so. If you know of another addon that would be great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Addon for TCM1