Release Video Addon for TCM
Hi,
I'm new to Kodi, and to Raspberry Pi's, and am having an issue with the TCM addon which was working fine until today.

I'm using Kodi Helix on a Pi. Today the TCM addon is throwing a script error and not working.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't help. The app simply won't launch now.

I don't know if this helps, but here is a snippet of the Kodi log file from just now:

20:24:19 T:1675965504 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
Error Contents: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tcm/default.py", line 133, in <module>
if mode== None: getShows()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.tcm/default.py", line 60, in getShows
thumb = b['imageProfiles'][1]['url']
IndexError: list index out of range
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:24:20 T:1969361440 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.tcm/
20:24:20 T:1969361440 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.tcm/) failed

Thanks for a great addon, I hope it's something that can be easily fixed.

Thank you.
There's a new version in my git and test repo. I put in a pull request for the kodi.org repo this morning.

V1.0.2 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.tcm

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an auto-update or update available message. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.
(2015-10-06, 02:49)learningit Wrote: There's a new version in my git and test repo. I put in a pull request for the kodi.org repo this morning.

V1.0.2 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.tcm

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an auto-update or update available message. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

Actually I didn't have your repo installed- but I just installed it and sure enough- everything updated itself.

TCM is now working again. Woo hoo!

You are awesome. Thank you so much! :-)
So why do I get "one or more items failed to play". Is this subject to geo-blocking
(2015-10-14, 16:19)naszdom Wrote: So why do I get "one or more items failed to play". Is this subject to geo-blocking
Read the thread posts #3 and #15.
Suddenly I'm having major buffering issues with TCM, version 2.0.3.

I'm in the USA, no geo blocking...

I'm using Kodi 15 on a Raspberry Pi 2, and TCM has been working fine until the last couple of days.

This is happening on 2 different Pi's, same software/specs.

When I pick a film- IF it starts at all- many don't- it plays for a few seconds, then buffers, and keeps doing this until it quits and dumps me back at the main menu movie list.

Both Pi's are hard wired with ethernet, not using wifi. This only started happening within the past couple of days.

http://pastebin.com/Sjkb8nPq

Thanks for any help.
(2015-12-15, 04:40)mrsfixit Wrote: Suddenly I'm having major buffering issues with TCM, version 2.0.3.

I'm using Kodi 15 on a Raspberry Pi 2, and TCM has been working fine until the last couple of days.

The addon is doing everything it's supposed to.
I will say that I noticed when I did the recent update that the bit-rates jumped from 2.5Mbps to 3.5Mbps, so possibly this is your problem (you need a solid 5Mbps link to pull this off).
The other thing is that you may possibly need is an update to the librtmp, but I truly doubt it.
(2015-12-15, 05:04)learningit Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 04:40)mrsfixit Wrote: Suddenly I'm having major buffering issues with TCM, version 2.0.3.

I will say that I noticed when I did the recent update that the bit-rates jumped from 2.5Mbps to 3.5Mbps, so possibly this is your problem (you need a solid 5Mbps link to pull this off).
The other thing is that you may possibly need is an update to the librtmp, but I truly doubt it.

My internet connection is 15 Mbps. That shouldn't be it.

Would it be possible to add bitrate settings to the addon?

I have noticed adjustable resolution and bitrates in many other addons, this would be great- if possible. 3.5 Mbps is too high IMO... and I haven't a clue what librtmp is... :-P

Can I ask you to go to Settings->System->Debugging and enable both Debug Logging and Enable Component-Specific logging. Then specify the RTMP library and libcURL for specific logging. Go back and play a video which buffers and then post the debug log that you have. I'll take a look and see if I see anything weird.
(2015-12-15, 05:11)mrsfixit Wrote: My internet connection is 15 Mbps. That shouldn't be it.

I have noticed adjustable resolution and bitrates in many other addons, this would be great- if possible. 3.5 Mbps is too high IMO... and I haven't a clue what librtmp is... :-P

15Mbps isn't fast if you have several devices hanging off the same LAN. I have to turn off my iPad at times when I'm using the 15Mbps in my weekend home (wonderful TWC service) to keep even 2Mbps streams from buffering.

I'm not adding in bitrates anytime soon, I have a very specific reason for using the higher bitrates.
(2015-12-15, 05:15)learningit Wrote:

Can I ask you to go to Settings->System->Debugging and enable both Debug Logging and Enable Component-Specific logging. Then specify the RTMP library and libcURL for specific logging. Go back and play a video which buffers and then post the debug log that you have. I'll take a look and see if I see anything weird.

Oh boy, I think I messed up... Undecided

I did what you said, and wound up with a HUGE log file. The Kodi.log once extracted from the zip file is 39 Mb's- ouch. Don't think I can paste that on pastebin.

What do I do? Did I do it wrong?
(2015-12-15, 05:24)learningit Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 05:11)mrsfixit Wrote: My internet connection is 15 Mbps. That shouldn't be it.

15Mbps isn't fast if you have several devices hanging off the same LAN. I have to turn off my iPad at times when I'm using the 15Mbps in my weekend home (wonderful TWC service) to keep even 2Mbps streams from buffering.

I'm not adding in bitrates anytime soon, I have a very specific reason for using the higher bitrates.

I understand if it isn't technically possible.

But as some of us must live under the tyranny of bandwidth caps and overages with no other choice for providers, I for one am always putting addons at their lowest settings to save bandwidth.

Just saying, with respect. :-)
(2015-12-15, 06:11)mrsfixit Wrote: Oh boy, I think I messed up... Undecided

I did what you said, and wound up with a HUGE log file. The Kodi.log once extracted from the zip file is 39 Mb's- ouch. Don't think I can paste that on pastebin.

Try disabling the libcURL verbose and try to turn off debug logging once the video begins buffering - the verbose logs can get big sometimes. You can also first turn off debug logging, exit/restart Kodi to create a new log file, start Kodi again and then turn on debug logging, go start to the addon, play a link until it buffers, quickly turn off debug logging then upload the log - it should be smaller.
(2015-12-15, 06:17)learningit Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 06:11)mrsfixit Wrote: Oh boy, I think I messed up... Undecided

Try disabling the libcURL verbose and try to turn off debug logging once the video begins buffering - the verbose logs can get big sometimes. You can also first turn off debug logging, exit/restart Kodi to create a new log file, start Kodi again and then turn on debug logging, go start to the addon, play a link until it buffers, quickly turn off debug logging then upload the log - it should be smaller.

I did what you said, but I am not able to do it fast enough to get a smaller file. I am still winding up with huge zip files.

This one is bigger than the last one. Darn. Sorry. Undecided

I'll try again tomorrow as it's getting late and I'm getting ready to go to bed.

Thanks for trying to help. This stuff is very frustrating. lol
It looks like the TCM addon is broken and will remain that way. I'll monitor for a while before marking as broken in the repo.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Addon for TCM1