• 6(current)
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher
(2016-02-18, 18:53)sudopinion Wrote: Any chance you'd consider a netplay feature?

That seems like it would be a potential. There is command line arguments to allow for netplay. I would just have to come up with some relatively easy scheme to allow the user to configure themselves as host, client, add IP info, etc. Not sure what the most intuitive way to make that work would be at the moment though...
(2016-02-18, 23:13)bakito Wrote: Is there x68000 games on archive.org?

There looks like there is. But is there an emulator/core to play the games?
it seems that mame core play x68000 roms but "not perfect yet" ...
arg...did not check before asking....
thanks for answer
cheers
(2016-02-20, 19:55)bakito Wrote: it seems that mame core play x68000 roms but "not perfect yet" ...
arg...did not check before asking....
thanks for answer
cheers

Well, even if it's not perfected, if most games work I'd say it's a possibility to look at. The biggest problem I have with the MAME/MESS archives is the commands to get the games to launch. If any of you retro gamers out there have a favorite system that isn't in IARL yet, and you have a good understanding of the commands needed to launch the game (preferably using retroarch), then let me know.
Version 1.5.1 is uploaded to the repository. It's a bigger update that I've been working on for a while. Updates include:
Added Amiga: 697 Games
Added best of Amiga
Added Amiga CD32: 259 Games
Added Sega Dreamcast: 105 Games (497 Games Unfiltered) (Redump archive)
Rescraped Sega Saturn: 206 Games (1357 Games Unfiltered) (Redump archive)
Rescraped Playstation (PS1 / PSX): 1598 Games (Redump archive)

Added additional external emulator support for FS-UAE and Project64
Fixed Kodi "Add to Favorites" in the addon. "Add to IARL Favorites" still works (and generates an xml file as before).
Fixed DOSBox launch function to be a little smarter, every game I've tried works now
Added 7zip and chdman functionality to the addon directly (since the licenses allow for it). Added some 'chmod' functions to the addon to hopefully remove the need for the user to run the command.
Added some view options for list including 'file size'
Added netplay support for retroarch for most systems: Windows/OSX/Linux/Kodibuntu/OpenElec (not fully tested yet though)
Added a wizard to automagically setup your external launching. Basic setup for your system takes about 1 minute now :-)
Added support for OpenElec Rpi Addon Gamestarter
Changed list caching so it works more betterer
Updated external launch functions for new cores, etc and includes separate launch commands to allow for closing Kodi if necessary (via addon settings).
Updated the info window to include ESRB rating, and user rating (per Mobygames/GameFAQs/etc) and the IARL game window to include additional info like game Perspective
This plugin is just phenomenal. Weather or not archive.org continues to be able to deliver like it does, this plugin will still be valuable.
It's truly wonderful. I can't say enough good about it.
It took awhile (work got in the way of hobby), but version 1.5.2 of IARL is available:
- Added MAME softlist functionality, and an extra addon setting to support. MAME softlist games add the following systems to IARL:
- ColecoVision
- Commodore 64
- NeoGeoCD (works now with MAME soft lists)
- x68000

Other systems added
- Magnavox O2
- Sega SG1000
- ZX Spectrum

- Rescraped Best of MAME. Every game works now. I played some pretty awesome side-scrollers I'd never played before while testing Smile Full MAME will be rescraped in the future
- Updated MSX art to match other systems
- Added UAE4ARM template, although this is untested
- Fixed external launch command bug for linux
- Added OpenElec Rpi (Mezo / Lolo78 Addon) back into external launch database, although I suggest using Gamestarter since it's more betterer
- Updated wizard for new systems
- Added external emulator option for Dolphin
- Update to sync with RPi Gamestarter Addon

Updated the WIKI regarding how to use softlists, and some suggestions on using IARL as an 'offline' front-end launcher
New version of IARL is available in the repo (1.5.3). Changes include:
- Rescraped MAME (0.172 archive), Best of MAME
- Added MAME CHD games archive (92 Games)
- Added MAME 2010 core specific games archive (4456 Games)
- Added Final Burn Alpha games archive (1415 Games)
- Added SCUMMVM games archive (150 Games, 275 Unfiltered)
- Added Vertex games archive (36 Games)
- Added Atari 5200 games archive (93 Games)
- Added Atari 800 games archive (225 Games)
- Added Intellivision games archive (127 Games)
- Added Apple IIGS games archive (168 Games, 468 Unfiltered)
- Added Wonderswan games archive (112 Games)
- Added Wonderswan Color games archive (95 Games)
- Added support for LibreElec x86 (Escalade build), for Rpi use gamestarter
- Added support for scummvm config file auto generation
- Updated MAME softlist database for new archives
- Updated Wizard for new archives and LibreElec

Happy gaming!
Absolutely love the add on but I have a quick question out of curiosity is there a way to disable the add on from converting those larger 7zip rom files, I just want to download them and let Epsxe run its own 7zip converter plug in that does a fairly decent job at unpacking those types of files Smile can't seem to get the IARL's converter to work properly, thanks Smile

Edit: running this on the Nexus Player btw :/

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-08-07, 01:02)drifterardenj Wrote: Absolutely love the add on but I have a quick question out of curiosity is there a way to disable the add on from converting those larger 7zip rom files, I just want to download them and let Epsxe run its own 7zip converter plug in that does a fairly decent job at unpacking those types of files Smile can't seem to get the IARL's converter to work properly, thanks Smile

Edit: running this on the Nexus Player btw :/

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, you can update that by editing the file manually. Open up the xml list of interest, and then change the line:
Code:
<emu_postdlaction>blahblahblah</emu_postdlaction>
to
Code:
<emu_postdlaction>none</emu_postdlaction>
(2016-08-07, 04:07)zachmorris Wrote: Yes, you can update that by editing the file manually. Open up the xml list of interest, and then change the line:

Code:
<emu_postdlaction>blahblahblah</emu_postdlaction>

to

Code:
<emu_postdlaction>none</emu_postdlaction>

Sorry for being such a pest, but where exactly do I find that file under, I tried opening a few XML list files but I keep getting the dreaded "not enough memory" error on my Nexus Player, is there a small chance to add the option to disable converting 7z files within the add on settings somewhere in the next release, just a suggestion, oh and FYI I also tried editing code before for a skin I was using on Kodi but I guess the text editor failed to save the file properly, or something, I don't know, and my menu wouldn't configure, that's why I hate messing with code, it's quite tricky, so it would great if you could possibly think about adding the option to disable 7z converting somewhere in the add ons settings in the next update Smile Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
I think they updated their library with thousands of Amiga games the other day..
Disregard my last post, I was finally able to figure out how to do it, but I would still love to see the option to disable converting of 7zip files (in the add on settings) or at the very least fix what's wrong with the android tv version, all it does is says its converting the file but never finishes :/ but anyways thanks for the help Smile Great add on btw ;p

Sent from my iPhone
New version of IARL is available in the repo (1.5.4). Changes include:
- Added MAME 2003 (0.078 archive), Best of MAME 2003 ,Removed MAME 2010. This change was specifically for users on RPi's. This archive is the 'most compatible' one available for the versions of MAME available for RPi. In testing, most games work (but not all, it's an issue with the MAME core rather than the addon though)
- Added login capability (courtesy of primaeval). Some archives on archive.org require a user to login to view and download. Note that Kodi stores login and password setting information as plain text though (per the Kodi wiki note: Security consideration: when using option="hidden", the value entered by the user is still saved as an unencrypted string value on disk), so be aware of that for security purposes.
- Update to wizard. Still in work some.

If anyone is interested in helping me with this addon, I'm looking for help with the following:
Compatiblity list: I try to test as many as possible, but now there are just too many! I've created a list here, which I'll use to update my wiki. If you test your system or have 'ideal' settings for a particular system please enter it in this list.

7zip testing on Android: Some users report that 7z archives dont work on android. Someone with an android box and adb and/or command line access on their system PM me if you're able to help with this.

Game window update: I'll admit that I'm not an artist. I'd like to update the Game Window skin so it's prettier. Any skinning experts willing to help out?

Edit [Please don't dual post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231339&page=13]
Version 1.5.6 is available now, changes include:
- Added 3DO
- Added Atari ST
- Added Dinothawr (Thanks Lefty420!)
- Updated External Launch Database
- Updated Wizard for new game listings
- Updated function that searches for local files before downloading a game. This fixes quite a few issues with launching local files instead of downloading. This makes IARL a more robust front-end that people can just use for games they have on their local computer in addition to games they want to try from the cloud (best of both worlds).
- Added functionality to use games hosted from Google Drive or Dropbox. See wiki here.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher2