v16 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 16 Jarvis
Any images of this mod?
Am I doing something wrong here. I tried both the repo and the Git version, but it won't install.
(2016-01-18, 20:49)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote: Am I doing something wrong here. I tried both the repo and the Git version, but it won't install.

You would need to post a log with debugging turned on to xbmclogs.com.

As far as images, It looks exactly the same as Isengard, except for the new windows for audio DSP and event log. The only real difference is now there are "stars" for user rating of video. The default is if you don't add your own rating you don't see anything new, only if you give a video a rating (I add a button on video info screen or you can map a controller key to increase rating/decrease rating).

scott s.
@scott967

Thanks a lot.

8.1.14 working fine with windows and android Jarvis RC2. Smile

Is the skin features complete by now (specially Live TV/PVR parts)?

I've not tried it in my HTPC cause i only use stable Kodi versions there.

Waiting for Jarvis final.
Hello Scott,

I just upgraded from Isengard to Jarvis, and changed the skin over using your new Jarvis repository accordingly - the auto update worked fine as well.

However, the issue reported by myself and some others (not being able to switch audio tracks) has returned - it seems you never uploaded your fixed DialogSelect.xml to the isengard repository,
and by that, did not take that fix over to Jarvis either. Also, I tried replacing the XML with the same file that worked on Isengard, but it seems this is not sufficient to get it working again -
would you be so kind to look at this and push an update to the issue via the repository? (I have about half a dozen machines to update with that fix, so auto-update via repository would be most
appreciated)

Thanks for your hard work!
(2016-02-26, 01:21)kuldan Wrote: Hello Scott,

I just upgraded from Isengard to Jarvis, and changed the skin over using your new Jarvis repository accordingly - the auto update worked fine as well.

However, the issue reported by myself and some others (not being able to switch audio tracks) has returned - it seems you never uploaded your fixed DialogSelect.xml to the isengard repository,
and by that, did not take that fix over to Jarvis either. Also, I tried replacing the XML with the same file that worked on Isengard, but it seems this is not sufficient to get it working again -
would you be so kind to look at this and push an update to the issue via the repository? (I have about half a dozen machines to update with that fix, so auto-update via repository would be most
appreciated)

Thanks for your hard work!

Will take a look. I don't think there are any Jarvis specific changes there. I have a big update coming which will be the 16.0 release version.

scott s.
Thanks, take your time - as long as there is some kind of fix for this in it, it is worth the wait Smile
I Love this skin im on nexus player Android M running the official Jarvis from the playstore, only problem for me is every few restarts Aeon mq5 resets all my shortcuts and customizations at startup and says its building the menus, And i lose everything and must start over. After using this skin all the other skins in the repo Do Not compare!!! If only i didnt have to recustomize 2 or 3 times everyday...Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you find a cure for the bug that kills all your customizations.. Also exporting and restoring my settings through the skin has no effect, it will say restore successful but nothing will actually change
I'm having the same issue too! i thought it was just me...
(2016-02-27, 07:51)Trackm4n Wrote: I Love this skin im on nexus player Android M running the official Jarvis from the playstore, only problem for me is every few restarts Aeon mq5 resets all my shortcuts and customizations at startup and says its building the menus, And i lose everything and must start over. After using this skin all the other skins in the repo Do Not compare!!! If only i didnt have to recustomize 2 or 3 times everyday...Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you find a cure for the bug that kills all your customizations.. Also exporting and restoring my settings through the skin has no effect, it will say restore successful but nothing will actually change

Not sure what's going on. The way MQ5 has always worked, it looks at a skin setting named "defaultsettings". If that is set to the number "2", then nothing happens. If it is not 2, then it re-initalizes all the skin settings.

The only place that gets changed, is in the settings / skin settings / restore settings. There are two buttons on that tab for this. "Reapply Settings" blows away all the settings. "Show button for Reset Skin" is a toggle that when selected, will show a button "Reset Skin". This button will cause the "defaultsettings" entry to be removed and that causes the skin to re-initialize key settings.

Note that in Jarvis, all skin settings have been removed from the file guisettings,xml and now in individual settings.xml files in the addon_data subfolder of your Kodi userdata. If that file gets deleted or damaged then it could cause a problem like you are seeing.

Note that in the same restore settings tab, there are buttons to export the settings and import the settings. Export is a backup function that saves all the settings to a text file (though you could do this yourself just by copying settings.xml).

It's also possible to save just the menu configurations.

Import just reads it back in.

scott s.
Ive actually tried to back up via the restore settings and it creates the text file but when i restore it nothing happens none of my sub-menus or personalized settings return. for me the restore menu creates a text file but when its time to restore that data it says successful but its not. i wouldn't mind it resetting so much if the restore worked. is there a file or xml i can mod or delete to prevent the rebuilding or re-initializing? i almost get the sense that the skin is restoring to the wrong place since you said the location of the skin settings are now in the add-on settings maybe its restoring to the old location which Jarvis no longer uses.., Do you think if i changed the properties of that file in default settings to read only after i make my changes that would prevent the re-initializing? im gonna try and will report back!! Edit: that didn't work either, I will keep an eye out for future updates...... UPDATE: the cure for restoring my settings turns out to be as simple as copying the the setting add-on file/xml from Aeon mq5 to a seperate location and copying it back whenever it wipes, now i can customize with no worries just have to copy that file again after i make any changes, i hope others found this helpful
(2016-02-28, 07:18)Trackm4n Wrote: .... UPDATE: the cure for restoring my settings turns out to be as simple as copying the the setting add-on file/xml from Aeon mq5 to a seperate location and copying it back whenever it wipes, now i can customize with no worries just have to copy that file again after i make any changes, i hope others found this helpful

Can you just clarify which file / folder this is? Sorry I'm dumb. I'm in file manager. If you can go step by step I'd really appreciate it because this skin reset issue has been driving me insane.
(2016-02-28, 07:18)Trackm4n Wrote: Ive actually tried to back up via the restore settings and it creates the text file but when i restore it nothing happens none of my sub-menus or personalized settings return. for me the restore menu creates a text file but when its time to restore that data it says successful but its not. i wouldn't mind it resetting so much if the restore worked. is there a file or xml i can mod or delete to prevent the rebuilding or re-initializing? i almost get the sense that the skin is restoring to the wrong place since you said the location of the skin settings are now in the add-on settings maybe its restoring to the old location which Jarvis no longer uses.., Do you think if i changed the properties of that file in default settings to read only after i make my changes that would prevent the re-initializing? im gonna try and will report back!! Edit: that didn't work either, I will keep an eye out for future updates...... UPDATE: the cure for restoring my settings turns out to be as simple as copying the the setting add-on file/xml from Aeon mq5 to a seperate location and copying it back whenever it wipes, now i can customize with no worries just have to copy that file again after i make any changes, i hope others found this helpful

I do see that export / import via "script.toolbox" doesn't seem to work well. Part of the problem is that it exports from the existing settings.xml file. That file only gets written by Kodi when the skin is closed (I think also you can reload the skin but I haven't rally verified that all current skin settings are being written out to file on a reload. In the interim I did put a reload skin button in the settings page.)

But I think you are right it's just as easy to simply backup settings.xml and I am looking to replace the original concept with a backup (but keep in mind my warning about when settings.xml is actually updated). Also, the currently selected viewmode for the various library nodes is still stored in the guisettings.xml file.

scott s.
the location of the file is userdata/addon_data/skin.aeonmq5/settings.xml what i did is just created another folder called backup in the same directory and bookmarked it for quick replacement... @scott967 im not sure the gui settings are related because on a clean install placing that single file pulls all my aeon mq5 skin settings back up, it seems everything is stored in that one file.. Edit: you are right the library data is still in the other settings, but that's expected since the other skins must access it as well
(2016-03-01, 21:24)scott967 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 07:18)Trackm4n Wrote: Ive actually tried to back up via the restore settings and it creates the text file but when i restore it nothing happens none of my sub-menus or personalized settings return. for me the restore menu creates a text file but when its time to restore that data it says successful but its not. i wouldn't mind it resetting so much if the restore worked. is there a file or xml i can mod or delete to prevent the rebuilding or re-initializing? i almost get the sense that the skin is restoring to the wrong place since you said the location of the skin settings are now in the add-on settings maybe its restoring to the old location which Jarvis no longer uses.., Do you think if i changed the properties of that file in default settings to read only after i make my changes that would prevent the re-initializing? im gonna try and will report back!! Edit: that didn't work either, I will keep an eye out for future updates...... UPDATE: the cure for restoring my settings turns out to be as simple as copying the the setting add-on file/xml from Aeon mq5 to a seperate location and copying it back whenever it wipes, now i can customize with no worries just have to copy that file again after i make any changes, i hope others found this helpful

I do see that export / import via "script.toolbox" doesn't seem to work well. Part of the problem is that it exports from the existing settings.xml file. That file only gets written by Kodi when the skin is closed (I think also you can reload the skin but I haven't rally verified that all current skin settings are being written out to file on a reload. In the interim I did put a reload skin button in the settings page.)

But I think you are right it's just as easy to simply backup settings.xml and I am looking to replace the original concept with a backup (but keep in mind my warning about when settings.xml is actually updated). Also, the currently selected viewmode for the various library nodes is still stored in the guisettings.xml file.

scott s.

Might be a good investment to start using skin helper. I am sure it has a good backup and you can use force viewmode great for recorded tv so if you have different views and a new show is in the group list it goes back to the original view. But with force view any new recordings in a group will automatically change to the force view.

Eg say if you like right list for recorded tv and you selected that, and say The Simpsons just recorded and it is in a group it will go back wide view and you have to change that to right list again.

Not a issue when recordings are not grouped.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 16 Jarvis1