Req Live TV - EPG Mouse Scrolling Function Change
Smile 
Hi Folks

When you open LIVE TV and then click on the EPG function - whether mouse pointer is on the channel list window (LEFT) OR whether its on the program listing window (RIGHT) - using the mouse wheel will scroll horizontally hour by hour through the program listings.

What I find most annoying is when the mouse pointer is hovered over the channel names window - it ALSO scrolls horizontally through the program listings.

Why ??

Surely the logical thing to do if mouse pointer is on Channel Window it SHOULD scroll VERTICALLY up and down the list of Channel Names instead of a user having to pressing up / down arrow keys to achieve this ??

My Feature Request is :-

1. When mouse wheel is scrolled and when mouse pointer is on EPG Channel Window - a vertically scrolling window

- scroll through CHANNEL NAMES - VERTICALLY

2. When mouse wheel is scrolled and when mouse pointer is on EPG Program Listing Window - a horizontally scrolling window

- scroll through PROGRAM LISTINGS HORIZONTALLY

I believe it should be possible to navigate the EPG using mouse input only without the need for a keyboard - I believe this feature if implemented will achieve this

THANKS FOLKS
Fair enough, but you do know that Kodi is designed to not be used with a mouse, right? It's designed to be used with a remote control.
Fair point - but not all of us will invest in the extra expense of a remote control - Kodi is wonderful - I can do everything i need in there with a mouse and this is the only time i need to revert to the keyboard momentarily

I think this change could make it totally useable with a mouse - I dont see any harm in making it as user friendly as possible with a multitude of input devices - in fact it can only be good for the product

I don't have the level of expertise to code this but this looks a fairly straightforward and worthwhile change - for those of us who prefer to use mice Smile
Old post I know, but I've done it with this keymap. I'll also plug my Mousetuary skin here (see post in skins/Estuary) incidentally, for mouse lovers.

Code:
<keymap>
  <TVGuide>
    <!-- scroll guide up and down with wheel, and left/right with next/prev track -->
    <mouse>
      <wheeldown>Down</wheeldown>
      <wheelup>Up</wheelup>
    </mouse>
    <keyboard>
      <next_track>Right</next_track>
      <prev_track>Left</prev_track>
    </keyboard>
  </TVGuide>
</keymap>
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV - EPG Mouse Scrolling Function Change0