RPI2 - Unmount USB
I am running a Raspberry PI2 with Openelec/Kodi - the PI is running off an SD card and a USB 3.0 pen. It has been this way for a month or so, now over the last week it has started to "unmount" the USB drive. It is not doing this all the time I have had it running for 30 minutes then it unmounted the drive and the other day it ran for 90 minutes without this issue. The only change I can think that I have made is removing a USB mouse and switching to using an APP on my IPHONE.

Any suggestions as to what to look at would be greatly appreciated.
USB drives unmounting is normall a power supply issue.
If your USB 3.0 pen drive uses more than 600mA (seem unlikely) then try adding "max_usb_current=1" to config.txt.
Thanks I'll give that a try.

I moved the device yesterday from a wooden surface to a glass TV stand and it stream a 90 minutes football match and then another an 1 hour of wrestling without an issue. Could overheating be an issue? Would it unmount a USB pen if it got to hot?
I had a similar problem. No power issues until I started using it with an iPhone. As soon as I connected an iPhone it would unmount the USB HDD. Turned out to be the USB PSU breaking down.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPI2 - Unmount USB0