• 3(current)
Release Black Glass Nova 5.x for Kodi 16.x Jarvis
(2016-04-06, 21:04)Pan Prezes Wrote: The second: a few months ago, maybe a year I pointed that I'm not getting the "rated G" badges in my library. Im editing each NFO by hand, and all others work just fine. I'm putting just G inside rating marker, just as i do with PG-13 or R, and those work fine. so my nfo looks like that: <mpaa>R</mpaa> or <mpaa>PG-13</mpaa> or <mpaa>G</mpaa>. G doesn't show up. Bizzare.

The third: when I'm changing properties of files on my HDD, say I reencode movie from H.264 to H.265/HEVC it will not refresh badges when given scan library, clean library and then scan again commands. Instead I have to actually go and play the file, then it will realize its not up to date and change badges accordingly. I'm wondering is this a skin issue or Kodi's?

2) Has it ever worked? The code has not changed and seems correct.

3) This is not skin related. The Kodi db is to blame i think.

Tgx
I don't think it ever has worked before, no.
I think "rated G" did and by all means should work now, but I like to keep things consistent and not put the word "rated" in.
Thanks
(2016-04-07, 10:58)Pan Prezes Wrote: I don't think it ever has worked before, no.
I think "rated G" did and by all means should work now, but I like to keep things consistent and not put the word "rated" in.
Thanks

Found the issue! It was pointing to the wrong gfx file:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...5c0e6e4862

Thanks

Tgx
(2016-04-07, 11:12)Tgxcorporation Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 10:58)Pan Prezes Wrote: I don't think it ever has worked before, no.
Thanks

Found the issue! It was pointing to the wrong gfx file:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...5c0e6e4862

Thanks

Tgx

Works perfectly, you're the best <3
Please allow for rollback back to 4.5. The lack of fixed menu is killing me.
(2016-04-20, 21:15)lowkee00 Wrote: Please allow for rollback back to 4.5. The lack of fixed menu is killing me.

The previous versions for Jarvis are here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/ski...glassnova/
Instead the previous versions for Isengard are here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/isengard/s...glassnova/

Unistall your current version with the addon browser and install one of these zipped files.

Tgx

P.S. You have also to disable the automatic updates.
Is there any way to move the banners in TVShow and Movies to the left side instead of right? Just a preference thing? I am not very versed in customizing or setting up things. Is there any type of guide on what different options do and how to use them? I am totally lost on how to do anything with widgets.
(2016-02-27, 22:35)DEcosse Wrote: The 'special' thing about that list, is it is actually sourced from a 'remote' location
i.e. if I add a show to that list, it will appear in my 'collection' for that add-on on ALL my systems, without having to add it independently.
(It's using trakt.tv to maintain that list)

Now - when I open that shortcut from the created shortcut from the custom home menu, I can now see that the 'list' displayed, is actually an older version, that does not contain the latest additions
(and as before, when I try to open one of the shows from that list, it errors)
But if I go to that same list, directly from the add-on itself, I DO see the latest additions and the links work directly.
i.e. the home menu shortcut appears to be pointing to an 'outdated' list, rather than the current one??
One more thing I notice is that when I create the shortcut and scroll through the levels to get to that collection, the collection 'list' (from where I select 'create shortcut to here) actually shows the full populated list; however again, when I launch it from the home shortcut, the 'old' (incomplete) list is displayed.

I eventually tracked down a solution to this issue: - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2225466

Here is the same issue (using different add-on, but problem is the same)
(2016-01-25, 18:52)bigbadrabbit Wrote: I tried creating a direct shortcut to one of my youtube subscriptions but after creating it never updates the content and is stuck to the time of adding the shortcut.
The same happens with iTunes Movie Trailers addon.

They only update in widget mode but not on opening the shortcut itself.

Is this a problem with the skin.shortcuts-script or the skin itself (currently Arctic Zephyr)? Thanks.

And here is the solution:
(2016-01-25, 19:31)BobCratchett Wrote: It's likely to be the known problem with some add-ons including YouTube which seems to be caused by the way they pass variables through the uri.
For whatever reason, when they do it in the way that YouTube does it, Kodi uses a cached version when opening a link directly to it.
To know whether it is this issue or not, look at the path for the shortcut - if it doesn't have a ?[variable]=[value] part at the end, it most likely is.

You can try and fool Kodi into not using a cached version by changing the action - 'Change Action' > 'Custom Shortcut >' (the last one in the list) and add a property to the path. So, YouTube's Popular Right Now would change from:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/",return)

to something like:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/?variable=$INFO[System.TotalUptime]",return)

(The name of the variable, nor the value, actually matter - though I like $INFO[System.TotalUptime] as it will always be different each time the shortcut is accessed, guaranteeing Kodi sees it as a fresh path each time and therefore can't use a cached version. But just ?a=1 should be enough for Kodi to not always use the cached version...)

This WORKS!
By adding the variable it avoids the cached version.
I was using different add-on, not the illustrated YouTube, but the process is the same - just modify the appropriate string accordingly.

For BGN, go into Customize Menu Items & Widgets then find & highlight the already entered shortcut on the left panel, then select 'change action' in right panel and scroll down to select 'Custom Item';
then just modify the string of your existing shortcut, adding the variable component at the end (as per illustrated above: ?variable=$INFO[System.TotalUptime] )

The only 'negative' is when the shortcut is launched, it will display the default list view every time and you must open the left pull-out to change the view every time is launched;
is there a way to modify the script so that it can launch in a different view (i.e. Panel or some other Thumbnail view)
@Tgxcorporation.

Did some testing with the PseudoTV Live add-on and noticed that it does not work with this skin.

code in question is

Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv.live\resources\skins\Default\1080i\script.pseudotv.live.EPG.xml

Code:
<onload condition="StringCompare((Window(10000).Property(PTVL.VideoWindow)),true)">ActivateWindow(10006)</onload><!-- Activate random window, workaround for 9506 starting paused -->

are you using window ID 10006 ?

thanks for consideration.
No window id 10006 is not used by the skin

Tgx

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
(2016-04-25, 09:06)DEcosse Wrote: The only 'negative' is when the shortcut is launched, it will display the default list view every time and you must open the left pull-out to change the view every time is launched;
is there a way to modify the script so that it can launch in a different view (i.e. Panel or some other Thumbnail view)

Good find!

No there's no way to launch in a different view through script... At least no way i'm aware of.

Tgx
Hi Tgx,

Can you please let me know how to fix the following:-

Since I did an upgrade to the skin from 5.0.0 to 5.5.0 I have lost the full background image..... the images are still there but the bottom bit is black (about 1/3 of the screen).

Is there are setting somewhere in the menus that I can get the full image showing again.
Also can the Vertical menu become more transparent to actually view the background image more clearly behind the menu.

Thanks
George
(2016-05-17, 14:56)yioryos467 Wrote: Since I did an upgrade to the skin from 5.0.0 to 5.5.0 I have lost the full background image..... the images are still there but the bottom bit is black (about 1/3 of the screen).
Also can the Vertical menu become more transparent to actually view the background image more clearly behind the menu.

This bug has been already addressed in the developing versions on Github. You can upgrade ( https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...rom-GitHub ) or you can wait for the official release.

Thanks

Tgx
I have been using Black Glass Nova for a few months now and love it as I was able to customize it exactly how I wanted; however I developed a recent problem. Today when I went into the Customize Main Menu words are not showing on the appropriate tabs on the right hand size for things like Add, Delete, Set Label, etc...The only thing that shows up is Move Left, Move Right and 1-5 for the Widgets. The tabs are there for the other items and you can click them but they are blank with no wording so its just a guess as to what each is. Any ideas how to fix this and getting all the wording back?

Thanks
As a follow-up to my question above I decided to take a photo of the issue to show people better. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the skin. I have deleted various folders but it still doesn't come back to the way the Customize page should be...even the title at the top is missing

Thanks in advance
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 5.x for Kodi 16.x Jarvis2