Ext. HD on Android TV - USB... protocol?
Hello! I am trying to get Kodi to recognize my external hard drive that I have plugged into my Razer Forge Android TV box. ES File Explorer does recognize the drive but it gives me a location of "USB://{random number}." I can navigate the files just fine there, but I can't seem to find any way of getting Kodi to figure out the thing exists. Any mention I've found of getting external hard drives to work with Android Kodi has involved looking somewhere in the /mnt folder, but my drive doesn't show up there. I don't see any option in Kodi's file manager for specifying a "USB://" protocol so I can't enter the address in manually.

I would appreciate any help!
bump. totally stuck on this one. might be impossible, but I'm dying to know if anyone knows a way to get kodi to read from hard drives that don't appear in the fs on android.
Having exactly tee same problem kodi 15.2
I don't think we use paths like ES file explorer does. Or at the very least, we don't have a usb:// protocol that I know of. If the drives don't automatically show up then I think they are located in mnt or "removable storage" or something like that. I think the exact path might change for different devices/firmware, but I'm not entirely sure.

This thread is basically talking about the same thing: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1431354

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ext. HD on Android TV - USB... protocol?0