Commerical Skipping with Chapters
Hello all,

I recently decided to add the commercial skipping feature to my Argus TV server. However, after using both Comskip and Showanalyzer, I noticed weird behavior with the forward and rewind commands (both jump FORWARD by random increments).

To get around this, I was wondering if there is a way that either of those two programs can simply mark the beginning and end of the commercials as chapters in the video file. Then, all I would have to do is simply push the Up key on my remote and skip to the next "chapter". PlayOn supports this feature and I was thinking there may be a way that Comskip or Showanalyzer support this feature as well.

Thank you for any help you all can provide!

Kurt
I'd suggest you ran into the problem i did - in Comskip there is an INI option to "improve XBMC compatibility" with the EDL files it creates. Without setting this, skipping is completely crazy, it skips randomly all over the place.
I use MCEBuddy and mark the chapters only, and delete the EDL files. I then get close to the behaviour you want. I've asked here about "disabling" EDL processing so other programs can still use it, but i've never had a response.
Thank you for the response! I didn't realize that MCE Buddy did the chapter creation. I thought since MCE Buddy used Comskip, that Comskip could do it too. I just purchased MCE Buddy and am a bit confused. I am fine with the original video format. Do you know if there is a way to mark the chapters without converting the video format?

Also, I looked in the manual but it doesn't seem to list what settings to use to create the chapters. Would you mind sharing what settings you used to create them?

Thank you so much for your help!
If you paid for it, make sure you download the latest build..

The option to create chapters without cutting is done by selecting "only detect ads". Hover over the option and it will give you more detail.

If you don't want to convert the video, there's a number of profiles such as "MKV unprocessed" which simply take the original video, do the comskip, and re-muxes it into MKV without conversion.

The comskip setting I was talking about is called edl_skip_field. Set this to 3. In comskip ini editor it's under the "output control" section.
Well this worked PERFECTLY! Thank you so much!

One last question. Do you happen to know if there is a way to automatically rename the reference file in ArgusTV? I saw the post processing command here (http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php?t...g_Commands) that allows me to rename it, but I don't know how to automate it. Any thoughts? (of course, I realize that this may not be the correct place to post that question).

Thank you again!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Commerical Skipping with Chapters0