Release Yet Anther Torrent Player - a video torrent player and a simple torrent client.
Yet Anoter Torrent Player (YATP) is a torrent streaming video plugin for Kodi. It allows to watch video torrents in Kodi while downloading them in the background. The plugin can also be used as a simple torrent-client.

Main features:

- Video torrents playback in Kodi (avi, mkv, mp4, mov, ts, m2ts files).
- Seeding after playback.
- Speed, ratio and time limits for torrents.
- Support for multi-file torrents - you can select individual video files for playback.
- Support for magnet links, local and remote .torrent files.
- Support for jump/seek to arbitrary parts of the played video.
- Web-UI for managing torrents.
- Rich API for integration with other plugins for Kodi.

More information can be found in the project's Wiki: https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.yatp/wiki

WARNING! YATP does not open/list/parse/search any torrent sites and never will! Don't ask me for such functionality.

Supported platforms:

Supported: Windows, Linux x86-32/x86-64/ARMv6/ARMv7 (including OpenELEC), OS X x86-64.

Supported with issues: Android ARMv7/x86. In Kodi for Android importing binary Python modules is seriously broken. Permission issues for binary libraries on Android worsen the situation even more. YATP uses a "magic" workaround developed by guys from the unofficial Russian Kodi forum, but this workaround may not work on some Android devices. There's nothing I can do here.

Platforms not listed above are not supported.

YATP can be installed from "Video addons" section of my my Kodi addons repo. During the first launch it will download the necessary Python-libtorrent binary module for your platform.

YATP source code on Github: https://github.com/romanvm/kodi.yatp
10x Man.

I was searching for good torrent plugin. Clean and simple.

I will try and give my opinion
Excellent addon! Just needs a bit of work on the UI but other than that I find it more versatile than the competition because it can act not only as a torrent player but also as a full torrent client with it's own web UI.
It also seems to work better on my rig (Android TV box) than pulsar/xbmctorrent/kmediatorrent. These tend to crash while YATP (so far) has been working rock solid.
Thanks for the hard work, Roman_V_M Smile
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
Thanks for your feedback and it's good that YATP works on your device. Unfortunately, Android platform is the most problematic due to some issues with using binary Python modules, and YATP on Android is always a lottery.
Great addon, i use him last few days. I have one question.
What about to make a list of .torrent files from one folder? I have a few .torrent files in one folder and can i add that folder in addon which will make a list of files for me?
(2016-01-20, 22:23)Franc Wrote: Great addon, i use him last few days. I have one question.
What about to make a list of .torrent files from one folder? I have a few .torrent files in one folder and can i add that folder in addon which will make a list of files for me?

I'm not sure how this can be implemented. Anyway, at this point I don't plan to make any major changes from user perspective, only bug fixing, if any.
Thank you for your answer!
Maybe i can ask is there any possibility to add .torrent files into Kodi library (if not into the YATP list) and play the same with your torrent player or is there something similar for this?
(2016-01-21, 23:59)Franc Wrote: Thank you for your answer!
Maybe i can ask is there any possibility to add .torrent files into Kodi library (if not into the YATP list) and play the same with your torrent player or is there something similar for this?

You can use .strm files with plugin:// links. Read the project Wiki about proper links formatting for calling YATP.
When I exit Kodi, the download list evaporates.
Is this by design?

Kodi 20 Nexus
(2016-01-25, 04:44)john3voltas Wrote: When I exit Kodi, the download list evaporates.
Is this by design?

Have you read YATP Wiki?
Hi Roman.
Yes, I did read the wiki but didn't find anything directly related to this problem alone.
Indeed you've mentioned that the Android platform has issues and that on some cases YATP might even not work at all on some of those devices. But in my case YATP runs and it seems to work fine except for the fact that if I shutdown Android it doesn't keep the download list.
So can you please clarify? Smile
Thanks mate

Kodi 20 Nexus
2 john3voltas

Have you read the section about plugin settings? If your torrents list is not kept after Kodi restart, the most probable reason is that you have disabled "Store persistent torrent data on disk" setting. If this is not the reason, then please submit a bug report.
Wow :o
Don't know how I missed that option. Gonna try it out and will let you know in case I have any trouble with it.
Just couple more questions:
- is it normal that YATP takes 4 or 5 minutes doing nothing, at least nothing that can be seen, after it downloads the full .torrent file and before it starts downloading the files in the torrent?
- is there a way to make the default YATP behavior as paused on new torrents? It makes sense on cases like mine, where download drive has only little space. This way I could populate the download list without each torrent start downloading by default. Hope this sentence makes sense...

Oh, and can you share with us what you're working on? What other new/revised YATP features are you working on for next release?
Thx mate

Kodi 20 Nexus
(2016-02-07, 18:09)john3voltas Wrote: Wow :o
Don't know how I missed that option. Gonna try it out and will let you know in case I have any trouble with it.
Just couple more questions:
- is it normal that YATP takes 4 or 5 minutes doing nothing, at least nothing that can be seen, after it downloads the full .torrent file and before it starts downloading the files in the torrent?

I think you should better describe your use case. Generally, .torrent files are added almost instantaneously but processing a magnet link takes some time. As for starting download, it depends on how fast a torrent pick up peers and how fast those peers are.

Quote:- is there a way to make the default YATP behavior as paused on new torrents? It makes sense on cases like mine, where download drive has only little space. This way I could populate the download list without each torrent start downloading by default. Hope this sentence makes sense...

Again, you need to better describe your use case, because there are several ways to add a torrent in YATP. This may be possible, but I will won't add any features that facilitate torrent hit-and-running, that is downloading without proper seeding (the thing I didn't like in Pulsar).

Quote:Oh, and can you share with us what you're working on? What other new/revised YATP features are you working on for next release?
Thx mate

YATP was initially planned as a torrent engine for other plugins and developed as such. So I don't plan to add any major features from end-user perspective, maybe a couple of small things. What I really want to do, if I find time for this, is to upgrade core libtorrent libraries to v.1.x (YATP currently uses v.0.16.19) which require major changes "under the hood".
(2016-02-08, 12:35)Roman_V_M Wrote: I think you should better describe your use case. Generally, .torrent files are added almost instantaneously but processing a magnet link takes some time. As for starting download, it depends on how fast a torrent pick up peers and how fast those peers are.
I think I'll make a short video and post it here.
It's strange because usually I can get peers in a matter of 10 seconds. Are they ready to start sharing with me? Well, on acestreams, they are very quick on start sharing...

(2016-02-08, 12:35)Roman_V_M Wrote: Again, you need to better describe your use case, because there are several ways to add a torrent in YATP. This may be possible, but I will won't add any features that facilitate torrent hit-and-running, that is downloading without proper seeding (the thing I didn't like in Pulsar).
It doesn't matter which way I am adding the torrent. Usually I do it on the web ui. It would be great if after adding the torrent it would put it on pause so that it would only start downloading the content after I unpause the torrent. That's because I only have 8GB on sdcard Sad
Usually I watch the movie and let it be on the sdcard seeding for at least 2 or 3 days. But when I want to watch another movie I have to delete the previous one...

(2016-02-08, 12:35)Roman_V_M Wrote: YATP was initially planned as a torrent engine for other plugins and developed as such. So I don't plan to add any major features from end-user perspective, maybe a couple of small things. What I really want to do, if I find time for this, is to upgrade core libtorrent libraries to v.1.x (YATP currently uses v.0.16.19) which require major changes "under the hood".
Cool Smile

Kodi 20 Nexus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet Anther Torrent Player - a video torrent player and a simple torrent client.0