WIP Metropolis 3.1.0 Release Candidate [Kodi 14.x Helix only]
The big change here is the adoption of Skin Shortcuts, Library Data Provider, and Extended Info, which enables customization of all of the Home "furniture" and provides support for widgets. Because of the massive number of things touched in the skin, I'm going to push out release candidates for the next couple of weeks to make sure the upgrade works for others.

Note: This doesn't have any of the Kodi 15.x Isengard changes yet. That will be coming soon. For now though, I suggest testing with 14.x Helix if possible, though it might mostly work under 15.x.

3.1.0 has been submitted for release. You should see it soon!

Addressed issues since 3.1.0rc3:
  • Thumbnail preview for submenus (though they're unused atm).
  • Adjust shortcuts on default menus and submenus.
  • Adjust navigation in script-skinshortcuts.xml (Home Furniture editor).
  • Option to stretch or scale (keeping aspect) backgrounds on Home3.
  • Code cleanup.

Addressed issues since 3.1.0rc2:
  • Fix submenu customization.

Addressed issues since 3.1.0rc1:
  • Add setting to hide unfocused widgets in Default Home layout.
  • Fix Media Overlay extended text visibility.
  • Fix Playlist Widget icon.
  • Don't show submenus in Home2/3 by default.

Addressed issues since 3.0.3:
  • Customizable Home furniture.
  • Complete Home screen refactor, with support for widgets.
  • Add some new studio flags.
  • Add scrollbar to Favourites.
  • Show "short" as well as "long" ratings in Video Info dialog.
  • Hide frames for empty items in all views.
  • Fix missing file size labels in File Manager.
  • Add Addon state label to List view.
  • Add actor roles to Video Info dialog.
  • Add ability to select either Actors or Directors from Video Info dialog.
  • Fix playback for 3D video files with "tab" in the filename.
  • Update for TVTunes 5.0.0.
  • Update language files from Transifex.
For those of you trying this, I'd appreciate reports even if everything is working OK. I'm awaiting some feedback before I go ahead with the release Smile
Hey jingai. You asked me on Git to take a look specifically at the skin shortcuts implementation. As you've closed that issue, I hope this is a suitable place to give you feedback on it Smile

Basically, it's absolutely fine. Indeed, I love the thumbnail and background previews in the management dialog - first time I've seen those in a skin, and they work really well. If I was being ultra-pedantic, only two things stood out for me at all with issues with the implementation:-

You don't need to include settings.xml in your shortcuts folder

You shouldn't (though maybe you've tested this and found you actually do need to) need such a complex visibility condition for hiding the main menu management dialog when a submenu management dialog is loaded. I think it should only need to be

Code:
<visible>IsEmpty(Window.Property(additionalDialog))</visible>

Other than that, the skin shortcuts implementation looks absolutely grand. Indeed, from my playing with the skin, I haven't come across any issues with it at all (albeit with only around half-an-hours playing).

Nice job Smile
(2015-09-28, 17:42)BobCratchett Wrote: You don't need to include settings.xml in your shortcuts folder

Removed Smile

(2015-09-28, 17:42)BobCratchett Wrote: You shouldn't (though maybe you've tested this and found you actually do need to) need such a complex visibility condition for hiding the main menu management dialog when a submenu management dialog is loaded. I think it should only need to be

Code:

Well, it won't show when editing the main menu if I do just that. I probably don't need to verify that that property is empty if it is already on the main menu, but I did it to be on the safe side.

(2015-09-28, 17:42)BobCratchett Wrote: Other than that, the skin shortcuts implementation looks absolutely grand. Indeed, from my playing with the skin, I haven't come across any issues with it at all (albeit with only around half-an-hours playing).

Nice job Smile

Thanks for the feedback!
(2015-09-28, 17:55)jingai Wrote:
(2015-09-28, 17:42)BobCratchett Wrote: You shouldn't (though maybe you've tested this and found you actually do need to) need such a complex visibility condition for hiding the main menu management dialog when a submenu management dialog is loaded. I think it should only need to be

Code:

Well, it won't show when editing the main menu if I do just that. I probably don't need to verify that that property is empty if it is already on the main menu, but I did it to be on the safe side.

It should do - if that property is empty, it means that that that particular instance of the management dialog hasn't launched another instance. So, it will be empty when editing the main menu until a second dialog is launched to edit the submenu.

As I say, I'm being pedantic with this, though. It works perfectly as it Smile
edit: nevermind.. I think I must've introduced a typo when I was testing it. It does work lol.
Strange, I've just tried it and it works fine for me. As long as what you've got is working though (and it is!), I wouldn't worry about it Smile
Will submit this for release tomorrow (2015/10/02) since no one is complaining about anything Smile
(2015-10-01, 19:02)jingai Wrote: Will submit this for release tomorrow (2015/10/02) since no one is complaining about anything Smile

Yes all seems good here Smile
I can't test anything on Helix anymore else I'd try to help out. I can barely test Isengard.
I'm sure it's fine, but if not you'll hear about it real fast. Smile
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Indeed I will. Not sure how many are still on Helix, but it still seemed worthwhile to push out a final update for it.

Isengard release is a week or so behind this one. It's mostly done, but I'll do a release candidate for it as well before I push it up.
When will the following 3 enhancements from MacGyver Mod be added to the official build?

1. Poster Fixed large for Movies and TV Shows

2. Seekbar mouse support

3. Banner View 3x5 for TV Shows

Thanks Smile
(2015-10-01, 21:07)gate1975mlm Wrote: When will the following 3 enhancements from MacGyver Mod be added to the official build?

1. Poster Fixed large for Movies and TV Shows

3.2.0. So, in 1-2 weeks when I release for Isengard.

(2015-10-01, 21:07)gate1975mlm Wrote: 2. Seekbar mouse support

Whenever I get around to mouse support in general. I'm going to be looking at the new adaptive seek bar in Isengard soon anyway, and I may add it then just because people keep asking for it. We'll see.

(2015-10-01, 21:07)gate1975mlm Wrote: 3. Banner View 3x5 for TV Shows

Slated for 3.2.1, but there are a couple of issues still to address before I can include it.
Cool Thanks jingai Smile
(2015-10-03, 20:37)jingai Wrote: Votes aren't in yet. I need to work out how to include them in all views. But, I'm focusing on kodi 15 compatibility right now.

And no, barring any big bug or something, it should never drop your customizations again.

In fact, your customizations will even carry over to other skins that use the Skin Shortcuts script.

jingai, about the votes thing. Why don't you implement the MacGyver awesome tab in mediaflags? It looks really good and I'm sure MacGyver doesn't mind sharing Smile Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 3.1.0 Release Candidate [Kodi 14.x Helix only]0