How to use a keyboard with Amazon Fire Stick
I have a Jailbroken Amazon Fire Stick using Kodi Isengard connected to my TV, How can I get away from using the small remote that comes with the
device and connect a Keyboard (either wired or WiFi) instead??
Just a pet peeve, but there's no such thing as a jailbroken Fire TV stick. All Fire TV sticks can have Kodi installed on them.

You can pair bluetooth keyboards to the Fire TV stick. You can also enter text using one of the Kodi remote control apps for Android, iOS, or even Windows Phone: http://kodi.wiki/view/Smartphone/tablet_remotes
The best, easiest and cheapest (free) keyboard for Five TV, Fire Stick and Kodi is the Android app for Fire TV. It allows for all the functions of the basic remote plus voice commands and a soft keyboard which all work within Kodi. There is a sideload version for iPhone. The setup takes about 30 seconds. The app will search for you Fire Stick or TV and display a 4 digit number on your TV screen. Enter the number on the phone and you are done.
It might be a little bit of a hassle to use your phone but not very much and, at least for me, I don't need a keyboard or voice all that often.
+1, I have a keyboard added to my AFTV but hardly ever need it. The remote android app is more useful than keyboard, at least for me.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
my new firestick does not have a forward slash in the firestick keyboard. So I can't type an address. Pretty much I have all the other characters except that one What do I do..
(2017-08-15, 17:05)gawcrea Wrote: my new firestick does not have a forward slash in the firestick keyboard. So I can't type an address. Pretty much I have all the other characters except that one What do I do..

Buy a bluetooth keyboard.
(2015-09-26, 08:25)Ned Scott Wrote: Just a pet peeve, but there's no such thing as a jailbroken Fire TV stick. All Fire TV sticks can have Kodi installed on them.

You can pair bluetooth keyboards to the Fire TV stick. You can also enter text using one of the Kodi remote control apps for Android, iOS, or even Windows Phone: http://kodi.wiki/view/Smartphone/tablet_remotes

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets annoyed when I hear someone say "jailbreak" and firestick in the same sentence.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use a keyboard with Amazon Fire Stick0