Mapping the MCE button on my MCE remote
I installed the MCE plugin and told it to use the default configuration. However, I can't get the green MCE button on my MCE remote to do anything--regardless of whether or not Kodi s running and active (the current program). Can someone help with that?
Will Pittenger
What version of Windows are you running?
Did you run Kodi/XBMC as administrator?
You could try to map it the hard way using AdvancedMCERemoteMapper.
(2015-09-26, 19:40)purehavoc Wrote: What version of Windows are you running?
Windows 10 64-bit
(2015-09-26, 19:40)purehavoc Wrote: Did you run Kodi/XBMC as administrator?
Yes.
Will Pittenger
(2015-09-26, 19:44)nIGhT-SoN Wrote: You could try to map it the hard way using AdvancedMCERemoteMapper.

Well, after looking at that link, I found the green MCE button I was talking about was called "Windows" in the MCE addon config page. In there, I found it was set to CTRL-SHIFT-W. So I went to the Kodi shortcut in Windows and found no keyboard shortcut was set. I set that to CTRL-SHIFT-W to match the setting in the addon. Windows now makes Kodi the active program when I click the MCE button. But Kodi doesn't return to the home screen.
Will Pittenger
I see. I have a solution for you, it involves installing another software called AutoHotkey. Download and install it. I have a script for it that will make Kodi run when you press WMC button.
Here is the link to the script: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddvio4h86j2w75...e.zip?dl=0

Make sure you set the WMC (green) button to be CTRL + ALT + ENTER.

Run it and try pressing the WMC button. If it works you can place the script file into Start Up folder so it starts with Windows.

PS: That's how I run it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mapping the MCE button on my MCE remote0