Win DVB-C TV Tuner for Kodi
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a tuner that can be used with Kodi. Right now I have a Compro M1F, a poor analog one and I'm using it through NextPVR. I'm looking to buy a new one, digital. Will be connected to my TV provider, through cable. I'm from Romania if that helps. What would you recommend? My budget is quite low, like 60 euros, if there is any tuner in that price.

Thank you in advance!
Cheapest are tuners like these:
http://www.dx.com/p/mini-dvb-t2-usb-dvb-...ack-283237
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_188368.html

They are Astrometa who provides drivers for W7, W8. No W10.
I did not tested with Nextpvr, it may work.
Sadly your budget is only 60 else I would suggest a hd Homerun. These have multiple tuners build in and you can just stick it in your network and it works without any driver problems
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-09-27, 09:29)livs Wrote: Cheapest are tuners like these:
http://www.dx.com/p/mini-dvb-t2-usb-dvb-...ack-283237
http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_188368.html

They are Astrometa who provides drivers for W7, W8. No W10.
I did not tested with Nextpvr, it may work.

I was about to ask exactly for those tuners, if anyone used them. Sadly I'm on Windows 10, but I guess drivers would work since my Compro M1F has drivers for Windows 7 only and they work.

(2015-09-27, 09:35)Martijn Wrote: Sadly your budget is only 60 else I would suggest a hd Homerun. These have multiple tuners build in and you can just stick it in your network and it works without any driver problems

That sounds interesting. Found this one to be the cheapest. Would that one work with Kodi and what would the benefits be? I'm seriously thinking to save some money and maybe get it if it really provides some cool features. Right now I'm trying to find more information about it.

LE: I've ordered this one. I've found some people that have it and they said it works with DVB Viewer so with Kodi too. When it will arrive I'll post here about video quality and others.
You can get a TBS 6281 (dual tuner, supports T2/C) for around 100 € on Amazon. There are some cheaper cards but it can be hit and miss if you want to get them working on Linux some day. All TBS products work on Linux.
Hello All

I am a Noobie to Kodi with no programing skills

I'm about to give up on this problem. I am running Kodi Isengard 15.1 with a confluence GUI on a purposely built HTPC that ha a WinTV tuner card component.
A) when I go To System>settings> liveTV and enable the live TV option I do not get a Live TV button on the home screen. I does tell me that there are No PVR clients Activate (which is fine)

B) when I Go to add-ons and an try to enable an IPTV client I get error or lost connection messages but never scans for channels, I tried all the PVR clients add-on to no avail. After each try I closed Kodi an re-started it. I even uninstalled and re-installed kodi with no success. What am I Missing or not doing?

Please help
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
Did you installed the backend? For example NextPVR. You search for the channels in the NextPVR and then you activate the addon and it will detect all channels.
Btw guys, that Chinese tuner came and it runs really really well with DVBViewer and Kodi even on Windows 10 too. Image quality is mine blowing for this price and EPG is working too from the provider. If anyone is looking for something cheap and good quality this is the real deal, keep in mind tho it had no CI card slot if you need that.
Just a note to others, in digital TV picture quality is not related to the hardware at all, i.e. a cheap tuner that works gives you exactly the same image as an expensive tuner. What you pay for is reliability and compatibility.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVB-C TV Tuner for Kodi0