KODI, Video plays every other second, and other issues??
Okay, well I'm using a 2.4 ghz Intel core duo mac, running OS 10.6.8

I tried installing Isengard 15.1, but it won't work with my operating system. I don't plan on updating my OS anytime soon, so I'm stuck with one of the earlier versions. Currently I'm running Kodi 14.2. I installed all versions of KODI from the links directly on the site.

I've been experiencing some problems. The main one is that KODI is playing basically every other second of video, or you could say it plays one second, then freezes for one second, then plays for a second, stops a sec, over and over... Also no matter what add-on I use, even live news feeds, it still plays every other second. Strangely, if I haven't opened KODI in a few weeks. It will play exactly the first movie I try all the way through. If I close and try playing another movie, the on off studder starts and won't stop. Ever since this started, my old version of XBMC, which is still on my mac, also does the same thing now, and it never did this before.

Once this every other second studder thing starts, other buggy things happen. For example, if I try to exit KODI, the screen goes black and stays like that, and never actually closes out. If I force quit it, it will actually quit... However then at that point, if I try and restart KODI, the ball will spin and it simply won't start. However if I restart my MAC at that point... It will open as normal again.

I've tried many things, deleting the cashe, I think I changed the video sync setting once as suggested on another site, but that didn't work either. I once deleted all the addons, still no change. Then, just tonight upgraded KODI from 14.1 to 14.2 thinking this might do something, reinstalling and starting from scratch, but it didn't. The first movie I played worked all the way though, but again stopped working after I tried another.

I'm no computer genius, and I realize you want this, but, I don't know how to spit out the full debug code, add codes etc, as I've seen other people do in other threads.

One thing is for sure, If I didn't know any better, I'd think KODI has a bug in it or something, because it worked fine without any issues for like ten months straight or something. Now it almost doesn't work at all. One thing that was strange was that the day this started, (about two months ago) I was watching an old Star Trek episode, when KODI just quit by itself, I think my whole computer froze up if I remember correctly, which seemed really strange cause that never happened before. Unfortunately KODI never worked right again after that.

I've read many many other threads with people having similar, if not the exact same issue. Many seem frustrated and give up as I've done after trying everything under the sun. Isn't there an easy way to fix this? Some of the threads describing this issue go back as far as 2010? There's got to be an easy way to fix this by now??!!
Well, I tried playing with the video sync settings again.

This time, I tried setting the A/V sync method to - Video Clock (resample audio)
This was a suggestion I just found in another thread.

The video I'm watching seems to be working correctly. Not sure if this really fixed anything yet. The issues usually start after I open a second video, so, we'll see.
Nope, it didn't fix it...

Just as expected.... Plays one second, freezes one second, back and forth.

One thing to note is that when it freezes for a second, even the mouse pointer freezes on the screen. Its almost as if the program itself is freezing every other second, not just the video. Also it keeps saying that my cashe needs to be emptied, but that's impossible because for one thing I just deleted the cashe, plus I just installed this newer version 14.2 like a few hours ago. How could my cashe be full already? Last but not least, after force quitting KODI, other programs don't work well there after. Itunes become unresponsive, untill I restart the Mac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI, Video plays every other second, and other issues??0