CBS plugin breaks firefox CBS video
be gentle i'm new to xbmc.
yes XBMC Frodo since i'm still running XP64.
lets not get into that shall we.

twice now after installing the CBS plugin, i think has rendered my Firefox unable to play CBS video.
i reinstalled my also older version firefox previously and seemed to repair the issue.
This time i chose to upgrade to the newest firefox and even after restart still no CBS video.
I have rebooted the pc and still nothing..was working fine yesterday.

thanks for any help.

..its actually cbsnews.com that does not play..
the late show was just working.
When you say "CBS plugin" what repo are you getting it from and what is the add-on's actual name?
I'm pretty doubtful that a correctly written add-on would affect firefox.
well thats a good question..
since i installed all kinda stuff in a short period of time.
i know i downloaded most of the super repo stuff.
I just tested XBMC for playing CBS but it also has no video.
a bit different from the firefox player it actually plays the audio but shows some trippy screensaver instead of video.
the rest of the addon works nicely showing a full inventory of cbsnews video index entrys including tonights ep.
cant really say i have any other reason to suspect the addon but the coincidence in CBS video fail in both and coincidence in the outages happening as i played with a couple xbmc build attempts seems way way strong.
i havent screwed with much of anything else its my HTPC only. mostly watch Tv and vids and youtube type stuff.
was watching the news a couple times a week there for a long time before this xbmc project started last few days.
I updated the Flash plugin and restarted with no joy.
Also different this time is that previously the commercials would play fine but the news would not. This time nothing comes from the webpage player at all.
Also wondering if could be a 3way problem. I know in the past encountered websites dont like their video to be captured.
I do have some video grabbers installed for snagging youtubes vids etc.
never been problem before tho.
but if a double connect to cbs along with a detection by them might seem like i am grabbing their video maybe? i dunno ..just guessing here.

"Author: AddonScriptorDE"
"Version 2.1.2"
since my previous post i have uninstalled the addon and shutdown xbmc and after restart the firefox player is working again.
apparently the addon takes either posession of the stream or assignment of the player assigned to handle the stream.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBS plugin breaks firefox CBS video0